chapter twenty-three.

"I really think that you should go Saeyoung. Just by looking at his messages, he's really trying his best for you. Go and talk things out, you know?"

Nina's right. Saeyoung shouldn't let her feelings get in the way when it comes to clearing things up with Ni-ki. Yes, their relationship is still kinda blunt and blurry but a proper talk and bonding won't be hurt right? I mean, declining the boy's invitation and leaving him behind seems really rude to say the least, considering Ni-ki's courage and effort just to ask her out after school.

"I don't really want to come up as a rude and insensitive person so, I guess I'll go?"

Nina gave her a thumbs up.  "Now that's the spirit! Besides, it's not like Takara will be there right?"

Or so hopefully she won't. Ni-ki, Takara and Saeyoung spending the rest of their time together? Saeyoung would look like Takara's friend joining her and Ni-ki out on a date. She'd definitely be third wheeling right behind them, no doubt. The atmosphere would feel so wrong on so many levels and Saeyoung would rather go home and watch the 4th season of my hero academia.

Because if ever Takara will be tagging along with her and Ni-ki, then what's the use of accepting his invitation anyway? She's just putting her feelings at risk.

"Well yeah, hopefully she won't." Saeyoung's voice lowered down to a whisper at the last part of her sentence.

Chaeji and Nina gave a worried look to the girl, they are aware on what kind of triangle they're friend is in. Triangle? Or is it a Square? Nevertheless, it's probably still confusing and hurting Saeyoung. They wanted to try and find the right words to give her but none of them has ever experienced being in a love square before so they can't be so sure on that the words their about to say should be taken as a good advice.

"Don't worry, if ever Ni-ki does invite Takara, I'd be ready."  said Chaeji who rolled up her sleeves and tied her hair up to a ponytail. Judging from her actions, Saeyoung could already tell on what kind of plan Chaeji has have in mind.

Saeyoung gave in a small chuckle. "Chaeji, fighting Takara won't do you anything."

"But is it so bad to try?" Chaeji retorted, while tying a double knot on her shoe laces. Nina watched the two girls in amusement.

"Chaeji, no. I won't let you beat up Takara." Saeyoung replied. She didn't want to be the actual cause on why Takara will harmed and just by thinking about it, Chaeji's plan in kind off brutal, knowing that fighting is definitely going against the school rules.

Chaeji casually rolled her eyes and stood up straight, adjusting the skirt of her uniform.  "It's not like I'm going to fight her, I'll just be pulling her hair in different directions! Which direction should it be first, north, west, south or east?"

"I'll only let you harm Takara if you pull her hair in front of the door of the principal's office." Saeyoung smiled bitterly making Chaeji sigh in defeat.

"As much as I'd like to see you two argue about fighting Takara, Saeyoung you gotta go to the Park now. Ni-ki might already be waiting for you." Saeyoung nodded at Nina and started fixing her things.

Putting on her bag, Saeyoung walks to the exit of her classroom. Leaving the door, she stopped at the sight of Mei Xi and Aesoo who just appeared right in front of her. Aesoo gave Saeyoung a disgusted look.   "Eww! Since when did a stinky insect was allowed inside a neat and tidy classroom?"

Mei Xi then started laughing at her friend's insult. But Saeyoung didn't back down.  "Gross! Since when did the school started accepting trash collecting clowns? Just wanted to let you know, the circus is just down the road."