chapter thirty-eight.

"You stupid fucking bitch!" Saeyoung screamed. She grabbed a pillow and released the anger she has been fighting to conceal ever since what happened back last night. Lucky her, her grandmother is out taking a little stroll at the park while her cousin is still at school, which means she has time to act like a maniac and start a tantrum inside her room. No one will find out right? I mean it's just her and only her.

"Everything will be alright."

"Fuck my ass, everything is not alright!" the girl whined as she dramatically and purposely fell right to her bed staring right at her ceiling, rolling deep into her thoughts. It has been about an hour since she started screaming to her old toy she received from her parents during Christmas back when she was still five years old ─ now being the dramatic and whiny teenager she is, she started using her talking teddy as some kind of anger management toy to express her outgoing rage. She felt stupid screaming at it but also, her talking teddy wasn't helping her at all.

It was the screaming that paved way for her.

According to what her mother and former tutor advised, expressing one's feelings of anger can just be written down on a piece of paper rather than be found screaming like some kind of psychopath in need of a doctor. To be honest, Saeyoung would probably break the pen into two and rip the paper into bits before she could even finish writing four sentences or so.

Born to be free and wild, like what her male classmate would say.

Lying down at her bed, her thoughts drifted off to what had happened last night, 11:46pm in the evening to be precise, Saeyoung quietly planned to sneak out of her house without waking both her grandmother and cousin up. Unable to sleep and for the past few hours, she felt the feeling of hunger. Now she can't go to sleep with an angry stomach now can she?

Craving for some ramen, Saeyoung stepped out of her house with her oversized white hoodie and black shorts. If it were morning and there were people walking around the neighborhood, she would've pulled her shorts down to make it clear that she was obviously wearing something underneath that long lengthed top of hers, but seeing the empty yet quiet streets, dark sky and bright moon shining above her, she cared less about what she looked and just wanted to go satisfy her nightly cravings.

If some random person were walking down the same road as her, they would probably  guess that the girl was naked — with only the hoodie to cover her whole figure. Yet Saeyoung didn't mind, just as long as some weird or drunk stranger doesn't go stalking her, she won't give a shit about what others will think of her. Besides, the clock will soon strike midnight and who would even dare try wandering around the streets this late?

Catching a glimpse of 7/11's logo, the  weather decided to try and play tricks on her. Soon enough, it started to rain.

With no umbrella in hand, Saeyoung covered herself with the use of her hoodies's hood and ran towards her destination. It was already a cold night, yet the heavens probably wanted her to freeze. The heavy rain successfully soaked her hoodie and not only did her bare legs got wet, it also suffered from the cold. If only she was Queen Elsa.

Reaching the convenience store all soaked up with droplets of water falling down from her clothes, Saeyoung was greeted by the cold air coming out from the air conditioner making her legs shiver coldly than it already is, while cashier lady refused to acknowledge her presence and continued watching a Chinese drama, "The King's Avatar" on Netflix.

Looks like she isn't paid that well. Saeyoung thought. Proceeding up to the food and beverage section. She picked up the ramen she wanted and two cans of coffee, she needed to warm herself up before walking right out to the rain again run back home. Hopefully she'd get lucky enough and it will clear up once she's done with her midnight snack but if the heavens were quietly listening to her prayers, maybe facing a light rain would be better.