o n e

"Just give me the fucking purse!"

Ah, you were being mugged.

To be honest, in your entire 18 years of living, you never would've thought that this kind of crime would be inflicted upon you. So here you were, tugging and pulling your bag as if your whole life depended on it. Well, it technically did since your wallet was there and that was the only money you have on youㅡ so of course it would be a no-brainer that you'd try your hardest to keep it from being taken away from you.

This wouldn't have happened in the first place if you just paid attention to the news, how the crime rate had gone up exponentially quick. You DID, but you just gave it a passing glance like you would to weather reports. Sigh, you really should learn from this encounterㅡ

BANG!

The sound of a gun being fired.

If only you had the chance to.
.
.

Darknessㅡ the whole place was just void of any luminescence. You died, and well, that's that. You just hoped that your friends and family would just yeet you into a hole since you really couldn't just place a burden on your parents because of the funeral fees.

"Congratulations! You are now dead!" A voice spoke from above. "Is that really something to celebrate?" Your voice monotonous as you deadpanned at whatever being was there.

"Why, of course! From here up above, I can see how girls your age are interested in being transported into another world. Isekai was the genre, was it?" Was this some kind of god or something? Whoever this person was, you could just say without a doubt that they're kind of trendy.

"And so, I've decided to grant you that privilege since you've been living an oh-so pitiful life!" They said, rather enthusiastically. "Hey, what the hell are you implying hu-"

"Welcome to your new life as Y/n Ross. You are now to be reincarnated at your novel's world. Specifically, Tragedies at Royal Brix!" A shiver went down your spine. Couldn't this person just send you to another place where it was actually normal?!

"Look-!"

Another place that wasn't filled with serial killers?!
.
.

A gasp escaped your mouth as your lids flew open. You winced at the harsh lights suddenly entering your view.

What happened a while ago... That certainly wasn't a dream. No matter how much you tried to convince yourself that it was, you couldn't just shake off the feeling that it just wasn't.

And look, the proof was sitting on the side of your bed. Your blood ran cold as you realized who he was.

╔.▪.══════════════════════╗

Yukio, one of the main characters in the novel. An attractive man indeed, and to add to that, he was quite affluent for he came from a renowned family.

He bewitches girls and takes them to his mansion, ending their lives afterward. He claims that those that are entranced by trifling aspects such as one's appearance must say goodbye to this world. Plus, his family was wealthy so he could just hire people to take care of the pieces of evidence.

╚══════════════════════.▪.╝

In your opinion, he wasn't the most likable character because he didn't really have the greatest reason behind his killings.

But for him... Yukio, in the flesh, to be right here, staring at you with eyes filled with concern... Yeah, this just didn't feel right. You must stay away from him at all costs.

"Are you alright? I saw your unconscious body lying just outside your classroom... Everyone was panicking so I took the liberty of carrying you to the clinic," his brows were furrowed and hats off to this dude. Yukio's acting was just spot-on and if you didn't know any better, you might just believe him without a hitch.

"I'm alright now, so you can leave. Thank you for doing that for me," you tried your hardest not to stutter under his piercing gaze. Like seriously, those eyes of him appeared as if they were staring right into your very soul. It wasn't a beautiful feeling, to say the least.

"Are you sure? I could stay and provide you some company since I know how boring it is to be alone. Plus, our professor's absent so..." He trailed off, his lips turning into a smile as he attempted to convince you to just say yes.

Oh no, you bitch.

This was just the beginning phase of how he usually handles things, and you weren't an idiot to be caught under his trap. "Well, you could stay," his eyes lit up because of that. "But I don't know if it'll be fun for you since you'll just be alone." You soon stood up on your two feet after that, staggering for a few moments before you had managed to stay righted without any support. Yukio tried to help you but you refused if that blood-stained hands would be the one holding you.

"I'll get going now," you waved your hands at him before finally leaving, but before all that, you caught a glimpse of him with his mouth wide opened. It seemed like he wasn't quite used to this kind of treatment but hey, you wouldn't exactly want to die right after you've been brought to this world.

You headed straight to the bathroom, using the faucet to fill your cupped hands with water and proceeded to splash your face with the cold liquid. You faced yourself in the mirror and you could see each and every feature on your face.

Even though you're grateful to have been given a second life, you're still frustrated because that being didn't even think clearly. Like, would a sane one even try to transport you into a dimension filled with people who sought blood?!

Seriously! He could've sent you to a dating sim and you would've been more content with it!

You could feel things even becoming harder for you since it dawned upon you that your last name was Ross...

and Ross was the family name of that character who got mutilated on the first chapters of the novel...

Well, it looked like you'd got to try your hardest to survive in this hellhole.

-

A/n: Every drawing included here and in the following chapters is mine unless stated otherwise. Anyway, that's Yukio's appearance!

Disclaimer: This is just a work of fiction, so please do not romanticize anything of the likes featured here in this book.