t h r e e

"Did you think that I wouldn't notice the apprehensive glances you give me? Or the way you're oh-so visibly shaking right now?" Yukio leaned in closer, causing you to move back from your seat. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about," you said through gritted teeth as you kept your distance from him.

"You do. Don't deny it. Tell me, have youㅡ" He was about to use one of his hands to brush away the hair that was framing your face, yet you halted him  by overlapping your voice with his. "Alright, I was supposed to just keep this a secret, but I guess you caught me red-handed," you heaved out a sigh as you clenched your fists to make the whole act believable.

"I'm mysophobic. And the reason why I'm shaking right now is because you're so close to me and do you know just how much bacteria is in a person's hand?" You voluntarily shivered and had your eyes meet with his, and oh boy, that was the worst experience. Yukio's eyes were just so cold- so unlike the looks he usually gave you, like this one was just telling you that he was bemused by your excuses. But you had to do thisㅡ you had to make him believe that what you're spouting were true.

"And I do not only glance at you warily, I do it to everyone, okay? So please do not feel so entitled." Were you proud of your answer? Yeah, no. It wasn't the best, but aspirationally, this one did the job. 

...

Silence.

Did he buy it?

Or was he just purposely getting your hopes up?

"Oh, haha. You could've just told me that right away. If you did, I wouldn't invade your personal space and try to even touch you," you couldn't even let out a breath of relief because you were so scared that this might give out your whole performance.

"...Yeah. If you don't need anything from me, I gues this is the end of our conversation. Adieu," you bid him a farewell. 

You cheered yourself internally, after all, why wouldn't you? You got out of there without your legs giving up on you and that was quite a feat, if you'd say so yourself. Fishing out your phone that rested itself on your pocket, you checked the time and realized there were only a few minutes left before your Literature class commenced.

For the past hour, you had interactions with two of the novel's main characters. Kozan and Yukio specifically. And now, you're going to be in the same class as Enki. Great, just great. Yet, you hadn't engaged with him so far, thus, you started to think that there would be no need for you to feel so down in the slumps. But even with that stated, you just wanted to pull your hair out and let out a huge grunt due to the immense amount of frustration this whole ordeal was giving you.

The creator mentioned keeping up with what's hotㅡ they even mentioned that they were aware of Isekai. That was the main reason as to why you were here in the first place. But god, if they knew of Reverse Harem and decided to put you in the center of attention with all these deranged people involved, you were certain that lying on your deathbed wouldn't be half as bad.

But no, that definitely couldn't be the case,

could it?
.
.

"'Sup seatmate, you're looking even deader than usual," your classmate, Kane, teased you with that shit-eating grin on her face before plopping down on the chair next to you. She was feasibly the only person here you could call as a friend, though the only times you'd talk to her was in this class, you appreciated her presence nonetheless.

"Thanks, heard that this was the new trend," you just flashed her a simper of your own before leaning against the back support of your seat. "For real though, you look so out of it. A penny for your thoughts?"

"Yeah, just realized that I'm not making as many friends as I should. I was too engrossed in my own problems that I failed to realize that two weeks have already passed and I'm still a loner," you explained to her, your voice displaying your weariness. Seriously, you kept yourself up because you were too busy concocting ideas that would help you in your predicament, though up 'til now, you weren't able to make one that would turn the odds in your favor aside from ignoring those psychopaths.

"I wouldn't mind being your friend, Y/n."

Kane best girl.

"Ya sure? There's no turning back once you've made this pact of friendship with me." You could feel your mood lightening up after your meeting with Yukio that just left a bad taste in your mouth. "And what is this great pact of yours?" Kane chuckled.

You raised your hand, palm facing towards her direction. She had a blank look on her face before smacking her own palm loudly against yours, "That was so anticlimactic. I like it."

The professor soon entered the four-quartered room with a solemn look. Professor Renzo wasn't the liveliest out of the bunch of teachers that taught here in this academia, but his way of conveying the lesson was working profoundly. Each lesson would be rammed inside your brains without a minute's delayㅡ plus, he was an eye candy so staring at him relaying his teachings wasn't as boring as one would think.

"Greetings, Class Mavin."

"We pay our greetings to you as well, Professor Renzo." The class simultaneously responded. 

"Good. Up 'til now, you may have noticed that I've generously let you lots pick your desired seats. However, today will be the end of your fun." What? Couldn't he just let you, his students, be? It hadn't been that long since the moment you became friends with the one who was seated next to youㅡ what bad timing.

"I've arranged a seat plan that you all must follow. Failure to comply would bring deduction to your grades, and I'm sure you wouldn't like that. I'll let you keep your seats for now, but once I enter this room tomorrow, you must be in the place where I assigned you to be. Understood?"

"Yes, sir." Though you bit back your tone of grievance at that fact. But, you should cut off the negative thoughts for once. Think of it in a positive light! You could be friends with the person you were now to be seated withㅡ

"... Enki and Y/n."

-

The name of the character in the photo above: Enki.