s e v e n t e e n

"Those goddamn good-for-nothings relying on me all the fucking time. I should just rip their limbs one by one like what I did to all those b-"

Rule #1: Always make sure that when you're eavesdropping on someone, never make any kind of sounds that'll reveal your location. In short, don't be dumb.

The creaking of the classroom's door made Kozan stop whatever it was that he's doing which was wiping away the windows with such force.  

You see, it's not like it was your intention to sneak up on the male. But supposedly, based on the trivia that you had read in your previous life, you might or might've not caused damage to your brain by your repeated bouts of staying up late at night resulting in you in being forgetful at times- And thus, here you were, facing the consequences of you leaving behind your phone in your classroom that was designated for your class in Music.

If only you came at a different time, then perhaps you wouldn't have encountered Kozan complaining about his peers. About to make a break for it, someone taking ahold of your arm made you stop your upcoming steps. That person's hand pulled you inside the classroom, almost making you trip on your own feet.

You felt the air escape from your lungs once your back hit the wall, and in all his bitchy glory, Kozan was there, hands pinning your own ones on the side with a blank look on his face, But to be honest, his visage lacking emotions were all the more frightening than him being outright furious at you for eavesdropping.

"How much have you heard?" He asked you, not even a tint of anger laced in his tone. Looking at him in the eye to feign the fact that you're not scared at all, you opened your mouth to answer, "I don't know, just enough that your reputation can get ruined if word gets out. But hey, who will even believe a rumor that is spread by a nobody?"

"You think that this is a joke? You think I'll let you off with that idiotic excuse?" 

"I mean, it's not like I care enough for your existence that I'll deliberately do something out of spite by changing how other people view you." You just wanted to retrieve your phone from your desk, was that too much to ask for, world? 

Surprised that he had actually let you go, your eye subsequently scanned the room to check if your phone was right there where you left it, but you guessed that the distress you'd felt was colored on your face, because not long after that, Kozan said, "Looking for something? A black-colored cellphone perhaps?"

"Yeah. Wait–"

Kozan was now dangling your device right in front of your face, with it firmly held by his hands, swinging it side to side. His mouth held a simper on it that you would love to just smack away with your fists, but he had the upper-hand so you decided to keep your violent tendencies just to yourself.

"Was this what you were looking for?" 

"Yes." The more you showed separation for the gadget, the more he would try to keep it away from you. Worse if he wanted something in exchange for it. You'd read in so many books about scenes like this happening, so of course, you would use that knowledge to not get caught in his traps.

"Hm? You've said you were searching for this, aren't you going to take it from me?" The smirk was long gone, and now, his face only indicated boredness. 'Best to not give him some kind of entertainment by creating a fuss,' you thought. Okay, Y/m, act as nonchalant as possible.

"Yeah, no. You don't seem like the returning-type type of person so what's the use of wasting my energy if you don't even have plans on giving it back to me. Plus, I'm rich. I can just buy another one." Though you would prefer not to.

"Such a bland answer. Thought you'd make things interesting for me, but I guess not. Here," and he threw your phone towards your way, causing you to scramble because your catching skills were way off, yet luckily enough, it was now safe in your hands.