~Diecinueve- "I'm in Love With You."~

A/N: idk im listening to the song as im writing^^^ Also im sorry for the excessive use of italics in this chapter

"BABY,"       I hear Alex whisper as I wake up, "we really fucked up. We literally just ran away from our problems."

"Yeah, I'm aware. And what about it?" This is our third day in the car, our first two being consumed with cuddling and literally just sleeping all day. It's been nice, but I have to admit; the constant anxiety that comes with thinking of the consequences back home has been eating me up inside. I really want to go home, but I don't want to force us back home. After all, I broke into his room in the middle of the night to go through with my idea. 

"I know you want to go home." He states to me as I remain in my thoughts.

"Well yeah, but I dragged you out here in your car with your gas money because of one stupid decision that I made. To turn back now would be selfish, right?"

"I wanna go home as much as you do, and I can read you well enough to know that you wanna go home a lot." Damn it- I can't keep anything from this man. "Hey, look at me. If you couldn't tell enough already, I'm fucking in love with you. And the fact that my beautiful girlfriend took me on a ratchet road trip isn't going to change the fact that I'm head over heels for her."

He's really in love with me. 

I reply to his statement after a moment of silence. "I- I love you too." Alex smiles and pulls me in for a kiss. I don't think I'll ever not get butterflies from that. 

"C'mon cabbage patch, let's go home."

✾✾✾

Although few words are spoken, the car ride home is meaningful. We really fit the cliche of the young, teenage couple who runs away together. Sometimes our story feels straight out of a book, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Alex rests his hand on my thigh as he sighs. "How are we gonna tell our parents about this?" 

"I don't really know. But if I die you know who killed me." A light laugh emerges from the boy, calming the slightly stressful tension. A second, longer silence takes place after that, filled with worry yet mutual adoration.

✾✾✾

As Alex walks me to my doorstep, I can tell that fear has completely overtaken him. I pull him in for a hug once we reach the patio, which he immediately returns with a tight embrace, as if I'm at risk of suddenly slipping away from him. In a sense, I am at risk of that. That thought only makes me hold onto him tighter as well. He opens his mouth to speak. "We said we'd do whatever they asked of us when we got home. We really fucked up this time, didn't we?" 

I nod my head in response. "Yeah, just please sneak over tonight. 12:30 AM. We won't do it again, but I just need to make sure everything's okay."

Alex pulls away from the hug. "Hey. No matter what happens, I'm here for you, okay?"

"Okay."

And with that, we depart and I walk in the door.

I am immediately struck with the faces of my parents, who instantly turn their heads from the TV to my direction. "Y/N," My mom utters with a shocked expression, "Oh my god, she's okay." Both my mom and dad run up to me as I greet them with a face showing all kinds of emotions.

"Before you say anything, I- I'm so sorry. I don't know why we did it, but yes. Alex and I have been dating. For many months now, actually. We didn't tell you because of how much drama it would inevitably cause. And people found out anyway. And so much happened that I decided to be a failure of a daughter and just try to run away from my problems. It was a terrible mistake- I'll do whatever you ask of me. I am so, so sorry."

My dad is the first to break the silence. "We hate to do this to you, Y/N. We really do. But your mom and I both thought that we taught you well enough to handle situations better than this. We understand it's hard to have a platform at such a young age, but your actions are unacceptable here. I'm sorry to tell you this, but we talked to Alexis's parents as well, and we've come to a conclusion." I hold my breath, preparing for something like 'you're grounded forever' or 'no phone for 6 months.'

My mom picks up right where my dad left off. "We think it's best that you two don't see each other anymore."

Fuck. 

I immediately well up in tears. It's not like I didn't think of this as a possibility, but to hear those words in real life feels unreal. I ruined my own relationship. I'm such a stupid bitch.

I have to agree with them. At least for now. "O-okay. If it's what you want." I leave no time for them to say anything else. I bring my bags upstairs and prepare for the awful times ahead of me.

✾✾✾

I check my phone. 12:29. If the plan goes right, I'll hear a knock on my window right about...

Now. 

Thank God.

Immediately as Alex climbs through the small space, I run up to him and wrap him in an emotional hug. The feeling clearly goes both ways. It's strange how in a few days our relationship went from a fairy-tale to close to being nonexistent. And it's all my fault.

He lets out a shaky breath, as I notice we're both already on the verge of tears. "I don't know- I just- Y/N I can't lose you. Not now." 

"I know, I know. But there's no other way. We can't keep sneaking around like this. They'll notice and we'll get in even worse trouble. Alex, please, know I'm so, so sorry for this."

 He begins to pull away from the embrace as he grabs my hands. "I just don't know how we're gonna function."

"Me neither, but I promise you. Time is the only thing separating us. One day we will be together again." 

Alex is the first one to let go. "I love you, Y/N. This isn't the end." He climbs out the window, and for now walks out of my life.

But he'll be back again. This isn't the end.