~Diez- Dating You~

WITH    the opening of the door, I'm greeted with Alex's smile. He's dressed casually, as he told me to do. His blue beanie is rested on his head, accompanied by a black tee shirt and dark blue jeans. A pair of converse is laced on his feet. "Hey," he says in a welcoming tone, "ready to go?"

"Yup!" I reply. Alex points out a 'well-used' red car and gestures me to follow him to it. He's mentioned the car before- I remember him telling me that he got it for his eighteenth birthday as a passed-down gift from his dad. Even though it's not great, I'm still kinda jealous. My parents would never get me a car for my birthday, maybe they'll get me a shirt for my eighteenth.

Alex gets into the driver's side as I open the door to the passenger's. Once we are both settled and buckled in, he starts the car and begins to drive. "Can I admit something?" I ask him. "What is it?"

"I don't think I've ever been to an Olive Garden." He fake gasps in shock, bringing his hands up to his mouth. "BOY, KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL!"

     Once we are seated in a booth, we begin to start up a new conversation. "Sooo, you got plans for college?" I ask him as I sip my water. "Surprisingly I do. I'm gonna study law."

      "Oh, that's actually pretty cool. Got any universities in mind?"

      "Not in particular, but I know I'm gonna take online college. It'll just make everything easier, I think. YouTube videos need to be made and stuff, so I think that's the best option for me. What about you?"

      "Well, I'll be studying psychology, but I don't want to have to go through all the doctor stuff like a psychiatrist. With that in mind, I'm planning to be Marriage and Family Therapist. I've applied to a few colleges, both on and offline, but I think online is gonna be my best bet too."

       "How have we never talked about this before?" He asks, laughing.

      "I don't know."

     As we continue our conversation, our waiter approaches us. "Alright, are we all set on what we want?" The waiter goes to the same school as us and is in one of my classes. I believe his name is Nathan.

       We order our food and begin the waiting process. "Wait, do you know that guy?" Alex asks me.

      "Yeah, he's in our grade. Why?"

      Alex is quick to reply, seeming a little annoyed. "Did you see the way he was looking at you?" 

      "No? He seemed normal to me."

      "He was staring at you like you were his property. I hate when guys do that- so fucking  stupid." His voice trails off near the end.

     "Ew. Well just deal with it. It's not like he's gonna ask for my OnlyFans." We both laugh at my statement.

[A/N: I apologize to those who got offended by my original joke here (I replaced the original joke with the OnlyFans one.) I used to have a kinda offensive sense of humor and I definitely took it too far this time. I've grown as a person since then, and I definitely did not intend to trigger or hurt anyone in any way.]

     The dinner was over fairly quickly. While I went basic and ate spaghetti, Alex ordered fettuccine alfredo and garlic bread. Nathan handed us the bill and left it on the table. We both reach for it at the same time.

     "Nope," I say to him, "I'm paying."

     "No you're not. I am."

     "Fight me. It's my treat, take it bitch."

      "Y/N, if you don't let me take the bill I'll tell your mom you're dating a fuckboy."

      "Fine." With my answer, Alex picks up the bill and reads it over. "What the fuck?"

      "What's wrong?" I ask. I really hope my meal didn't cost too much. He turns over the paper and puts it in front of me. As I scan it over, I notice a note written at the bottom in pen.

      ***-***-****
      Call me, Y/N
      -Nate

     I look up at the boy, his eyes filled with frustration. No words are needed. I grab the pen placed next to the bill and scribble out his note, handing the paper back to Alex. He smiles and begins to count out the money.

     ✾

     I'm back at my house by 8:30, standing on my patio and looking up at Alex. "Thanks for tonight. It was really nice." I tell him honestly. "No problem. I had a lot of fun too."

     "I'm paying next time, though."

     "Next time?" He smirks and makes me laugh. "Yes next time. Now can I have the hug I was promised?"

     "Of course." Alex laughs and embraces me. I hug him back as I giggle. I wish it would continue forever, but it only lasts a few seconds before he pulls away. "Next Friday night?" He asks me. "Sounds perfect. See you Monday, shortie."

     "See you then, cabbage patch." I open the door to my house as he gets in his car. I get in my house in time to see him park in his driveway.

     "How was the mall?" My mom asks as she hears me walk in.

     "It was perfect."