~Once- "Seeing" You~

Ew I updated
This is just filler
And kinda nsfw
God I'm gonna regret this sm

LMAOOOO UPDATE FROM ME IN 2023 (4 YEARS LATER) IM CRINGING SO HARD BC WHY DID I WRITE THIS CHAPTER IT HAUNTS ME

     THURSDAY, 5 PM.

     I've gone over to Alex's house twice since we've had our date- once being Sunday and the other being Tuesday. We have another date tomorrow, and we're going to the beach and doing whatever. I'm excited, and less nervous than I was last time around.

     I sigh in pure boredom, staring up at my bedroom ceiling. For once, Im caught up on all of my homework, so I have absolutely nothing to work on or do. I continue to just stare at my ceiling.

Maybe I can go over to Alex's again. He's not busy tonight, I know.

I don't think he'd mind.

     I don't text him- I just put on my shoes, brush my hair, and walk out the door. I didn't ask him before going over on Tuesday, so I think I can do it again.

     Once I reach his driveway, I notice there is only one car in the driveway. I guess his parents aren't home. Due to this, I just walk in the door, not expecting a hello from his mom or dad.

     As I was about to call out to him, I hear a large thud coming from upstairs and a loud "fuck" from Alex. Did he just get hurt? I don't think, I just run up the stairs. Without hesitation, I open his bedroom door.

Dear God, I really should have hesitated.

     I'm presented with an image that I was not expecting to see. Alex was safe and seemed unhurt, but seeing me in his room during this situation was definitely more than scarring.

     There he is. Lying in his bed, hand in his unzipped jeans, watching one of my YouTube videos.

Holy fuck.

     "I- uh..." I have no words. I just slowly close the door and walk away. I go down to his living room, just simply waiting there. After only a few seconds, I see Alex walk downstairs and sit on his couch next to me. "Hey, uh.." he says scratching the back of his neck, "sorry you had to see that."

     "It's fine," I reply, "I mean, everyone does it."

     We completely avoid eye contact. You couldn't slice this awkward tension with a knife. I can't take the silence anymore. "We can just forget about it, right? This whole thing never happened."

     "What never happened?" He says, making me laugh.

      "My mom just texted me. I have to put some rice on the stove so, uhh, see you tomorrow then?" I say with a smile.

     "Of course." He hugs me. I mumble a joke in his ear, "God, I hope that hand is washed." Alex begins to laugh uncontrollably. I release from his grip and pat his head. "See ya, shortie." I walk away and head out the door.

      Yeah, that was awkward and confusing as hell. But I can forget about it.

     Forgetting these things is always easy, right?