Wolfs Bane - 4

After what we found out thanks to Danny, the three of us, Stiles, Derek and I, drove down to the hospital. I would have preferred going with Derek by ourselves since Stiles had a game, but he came anyway. 

"Did you get the picture?"  Scott asked through the phone. He finally managed to steal Allison's necklace. It was a small bronze looking pendant with a wolf as the emblem. 

 "Yeah, I did." I told him as I examined the picture. "It looks just like the drawing." It was definitely a wolf. 

Derek grabbed Stiles hand and thrusted the phone to himself.  "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something-- an inscription, an opening, something." 

"No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing." Derek scowled in anger. I sighed and looked down at my tattoo. Kind of wishing it gave me some sort of psychic connection to her so I can understand why she was looking into a damn necklace. If it doesn't open and there is no inscription what the hell is so special about it? 

 Scott spoke to Stiles. "And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line." 

"Where the hell is Bilinski???" yelled out an exasperated Coach from behind Scott. 

"Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start." 

Stiles sighed. "I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him...tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." 

He cut the call and Derek looked forward with a shake of his head. "You're not gonna make it." 

"I know." Stiles said with a sigh. 

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either." 

 "Not 'til we find out the truth." 

Derek nodded unconvincingly. "By the way? One more thing..." 
"Yeah?" 

Derek grabbed the back of his head and slammed him against the steering wheel, surprising even me. "Derek!" 

Stiles groaned in pain. "Oh, God! What the hell was--" 

"You know that was for." Derek accused. Ah yes, using him to get Danny to hack for us. But come on that was funny. "Go. Go!" Derek ordered irritated. I laughed when Stiles slammed the door shut and stormed to the hospital doors. 

"Hey we never would have been able to get Danny to hack the phone without you getting shirtless." I teased as I made my way to the drivers seat. Plopping next to Derek. 

Derek muttered under his breath. "I think we would have managed."

I shook my head. "Why do you think Laura was looking into a necklace?" 

Derek shrugged. "I thought you would know. She was living with you." 

"Yeah but she never showed me anything." I looked at the picture of the necklace. "I just don't get it." None of this is adding up. Stiles called about a minute later. I answered and put him on speaker. "Did you find her?" 

"No." Dammit. "You can't find her?" Derek questioned. "Yeah, I said I can't find her." 

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after our uncle." I told him. Jennifer had to know everyone in that hospital. "Yeah, well, he's not here, either." 

What? I looked at Derek with a frown. "What?" Derek questioned confused for the both of us. 

"He's not here. He's gone." We exchanged glances of pure shock. Oh my god! It was Peter. He can't go anywhere in his nearly catatonic state. He's the only other werewolf in town.