Magic Bullet - 3

Stiles flipped the lights on in one of the rooms of the vet and my mom and I helped Derek take his shirt off, and I almost barfed when I saw the dark veins coming from his arm.

"Okay, you know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of..." Stiles said trying to lighten the situation.

Derek panted. "When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me."

"Positivity' just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles said exasperated.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time-- last resort." Derek said as he rummaged around the cabinets,

"Which is...?" Derek held up an amputator. "You're gonna cut off my arm."

"Derek!"

"Oh, my God. What if you bleed to death?" Stiles says with a groan clearly disguised with the idea.

"It'll heal...if it works..." My mother muttered as she wrapped a blue band around his arm, just above the dark veins.

"Ugh. Look, I don't know if I can do this." I muttered, sick to my stomach.

"Why not?"

"Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!" Stiles yelled.

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek questioned.

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped-off arm!"

My mom had just about enough and yelled out "Neither of you are going to do it. I'm doing it even if it'll haunt me to the grave."

Derek lurched over to the side and threw up black liquid. Stiles gagged and I had to look away before I barfed myself. "Holy God, what the hell is that?"

"It's his body...trying to heal itself..." I said, partially gagging as I grabbed Stiles's arm tightly. This is disgusting.

"Well, it's not doing a very good job of it."

My mom grabbed the saw and put it to his arm, and just as she was about to do it Scott called out from the outside,

"IZ! STILES!"
My mom put the saw to the side and put a hand to her chest in relief. 

"Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares!" Stiles said relieved to see Scott.

"Did you get it?" Derek said eagerly. Scott pulled the bullet out and handed it to Derek, who stood up and took it.

"What are you gonna do with it?" Stiles asked.

"I'm gonna...I'm gonna..." Derek collapsed too weak to finish and dropped the bullet.

"No! No, no, no, no..." I exclaimed frantically and ran after the bullet, trying to grab it before it fell through the vent on the ground. "No!"

The three of them tried waking Derek up as I tried to reach for the bullet though the vent.

"Mrs. Hale what are we gonna do?" Scott asked of my mom frantically.

She yelled for me. "You need to get the bullet Isabelle!"

"Just hold on! Come on..." I begged, okay time to try different measures. I willed my hand to shift, and my claws started growing.

"I already lost half my family to hunters; I will not lose you to." Mom said as she slapped Derek silly along with Stiles.

I tried as carefully as I could to grab the bullet, and when I felt that I had it I screeched.

"Oh! I got it! I got it!"