Pack mentality- 2

"You're a terrible bowler!" I exclaim as we walk down the steps to the first floor.

Scott groans embarrassed. "I know! I'm such an idiot."

"God, it was like watching a car wreck. I mean, first, it turned into the whole group-date thing, and the out of nowhere comes that phrase--"

Scott nods in agreement "Hang out."

"You don't "hang out" with hot girls, okay? It's like death. Once it's 'hanging out,' you might as well be her gay best friend. You and Danny can start hanging out."

"How come you don't hang out with Danny?" I asked stiles, teasing him a little.

Scott sighed. "How is this happening? I either killed a guy, or I didn't."

Stiles wasn't paying attention, looking ahead obliviously to what Scott said to him and talking about what I said.

"I don't think Danny likes me very much..."

"I ask Allison on a date, and now we're hanging out..."

"Am I not attractive to gay guys?"

Okay now they aren't even talking about the same thing.

"I make first line, and the team captain wants to destroy me, and now-" Scott paused to check the time. "-now I'm gonna be late for work." Scott rushed off.

"Yeah, I have to go to, meeting Derek." I said, also rushing off.

"Wait, Scott, Izzy, you didn't-- am I attractive to gay guys?" Scott called out exasperatedly.

"You didn't answer my question!"

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"What?" Derek asked as I stare at him. "Nothing." I dismiss as I go back to doing my homework. I peer my head back up at him. "What?" He asked again, this time looking up from his newspaper. "It's just-" I shut close the schoolbook I was using for homework and folded my hands on the rusty old table. "Scott needs your help." 

Derek almost laughed. "I thought you had everything under control." 

"I do! It's just-" I paused. I knew he would get me on that. "Scott had this terrible dream of killing Allison. And this morning at school there was a guy attacked by what the cops say was a mountain lion." 

Derek looked up from the newspaper. "He thinks it was him?" 

"Yup." 

"Why can't you just figure out if it's him?" I chuckle awkwardly. I knew he was going to ask me that. "Because-" I opened my book back up again and looked down to avoid his gaze. "I flunked werewolf school." Aunt Talia was the one who taught us about our abilities, history and etc. After she died the only thing, I continued to learn was what could weaken us and how to fight. 

Derek put down the newspaper and approached one of the broken windows. "What is it?" I peered out of the same one and saw a cop looking nervously around. He was probably here to make sure the house was empty. After the arrest yesterday, our property became their property. We weren't even supposed to be here. 

Inside the squad car was a German Shepherd who was whining like crazy. Derek continued to stare at the K9 making it start to bark like crazy.

God, and this is why I asked to go to my house.

When the barking finally stopped, and the cop went away, I sensed Scott on the grounds.

"I know you can hear me. I need your help."