Pack Mentality -1

"So, Laura's getting a funeral?" I repeated with joy at mom's news. Stilinski told her that they would give us Laura's body since the killer was an animal. So that meant we could put her to rest.

Mom nodded. "Yes. But with the Alpha still out there and you having to help Scott I don't think there will be time."

"So, when?"

Mom shrugged. "Maybe when it's all over. I asked him to hold on to her a little while longer. I don't want to but until we have solved her case I don't see when."

I nod in understanding. "That's fine with me."

Mom parked and we both got out of the car. School. I haven't talked to Scott or Stiles since they completely had Derek arrested. Stiles had called a few times, but that was when Derek, my dad and I went out to see if we could find the Alpha. No such luck.

"See you in class." I waved to my mom as I stopped outside the school doors. She proceeded inside and I proceeded to wait for Stiles and Scott.

"Isabelle." I turn at the sound of my name. "Well, if it isn't my favorite people."

Stiles and Scott trudged up the sidewalk, heads hung low in shame. "We've been trying to call you."

"I've been busy."

Both of them exchanged looks and sighed. "We're sorry. We're sorry that we sent your cousin to jail. And we're sorry about your cousin."

I sniffed at their apology. They were the only people to have told me that. "I uh- accept your apology."

I point to Stiles, "Also you should have realized who she was. Did neither of you see the tattoo?"

Stiles and Scott frowned. "Tattoo?"

I pull up my sleeve and showed them the crescent moon tattoo. They both "oooh'd" at it once they figured out the meaning behind it. "We didn't see it."

I chuckle and shake my head. "Wow."

Scott coughed into his palm to draw the attention. "Um Izz I have to tell you something."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"So, you killed her?" I said skeptically as I took in the nightmare that Scott had described. He had a really terrible and realistic dream about killing Allison in a school bus after a dance. And he didn't know whether it happened, or it didn't.

"I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently..." Stiles comments. And by that he means his Lydia Martin dreams.

"A) I mean I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B) never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

I nod in agreement. "Let me take a guess here--"

"No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

I shook my head unbelievably. "No, of course not!"

He gave me a look not believing me and I resumed my nodding.

"...Yeah, that's totally it."

"Hey, come on! It's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. Izzy has been really helping you."
Stiles says in defense for Scott.

I nod, "Yeah...I mean, I'm doing everything I can. But... I can't be there 24/7 because I have my own family problems, but there may be someone who can help." I emphasize someone to let them sort of catch my drift.