Chapter 12

Once the Golden Dawn were out of view you turned to Asta and Noelle.

Wait a minute. Where did Luck go?

"Asta, Noelle, where the hell did Luck go?!"

"Oh, he went off into that corridor. He said something about powerful Mana and poof! He was gone!" Asta explained.

You face palmed. The person that was supposed to lead this mission is gone and possibly getting himself into trouble.

"Ok, here's the plan. We go into one of these hallways and try to make it to the treasure hall before the Golden Dawn. But we have to be quick." You said to Asta and Noelle. They both nodded and the three of you started to look around and figure out which hallway to go through.

Out of no where, Nero flew up onto a perch and used their wing to point at one of the halls.

Looks like we'll be heading this way.

"This way!" You said to them and started your journey to the treasure hall.

~▪️☘️▪️~

"What the hell is going on?!" You shouted.

The three of you entered another room that was anti-gravity. So, you all were flailing about trying to get to the next room.

Asta was trying to move around with swimming motions, but it looked like it wasn't doing much.

You looked around, trying to find the nearest exit from this room.

Whilst doing so, Asta spotted a weird chest that had feet. It was running around on the ground and out of pure determination, Asta ran after it.

Noelle and you followed Asta and the weird chest.
"Stop chasing it! You don't even know what could be in there dorksta!" Noelle exclaimed.

"You know, you really need to be more clever with your insults for Asta." You said to Noelle. In return with your comment, she looked angry and turned away from you.

Really? Did it bother you that much?

Asta had finally caught the chest and Noelle and you had finally caught up with him. Asta had stars in his eyes as he looked at the chest. He imagined what could be inside and got even more excited.

"I wouldn't open-" You were cut off when Asta opened the chest and Noelle screamed.

Inside were organs. The chest had organs. It creeped you out and it felt like you were going to vomit.

Noelle hit Asta hard, blaming him for making us witness what was inside, which was true.

Your stomach calmed down finally and the three of you were back on your way.

~▪️☘️▪️~
You were lost. Again.

You didn't know if you were getting further or closer to the treasure hall, and you still didn't know where Luck had went.

However, that changed when you heard stuff coming from one of the corridors, and felt strong Mana. Mana that you hadn't detected before.

"Guys, I think Luck is this way and by the crazy amount of Mana I feel, I think he is going against a strong foe." You said to the other two.

Right after, the three of you dashed towards the room that you thought Luck was in.

Once the three of you entered, you were met with an interesting scene.

The whole room was covered in a thin layer of smoke and Luck, who looked worn out, was in thicker clouds of the gas. It appeared to be draining his energy and Mana.