Chapter 4

Time skip to March and the Grimoire Ceremony

The day was finally here.

The day that Y/n would finally get her grimoire. She was excited and full of life as she walked to the Grimoire Tower with her foster family.

Everyone that was heading to the tower looked just as excited as her. Especially all the other 15 year olds.

They arrived at the entrance of the tower and went inside. Everyone waited for the tower master to start the ceremony.

He gave a long speech about what each clover represented and how no one has ever been a Wizard King from this village.

Finally the part that everyone had been waiting for began.

Grimoires of all different shapes and sizes floated around the room. Each one was surrounded by a colorful magic light that corresponded with that grimoire.

One by one people started to receive theirs.

Y/n looked up at the books, wondering which one was hers. That's when a beautiful purple grimoire with a three leaf clover landed in her hands. It had intricate floral designs around the clover and it just radiated quite a lot of Mana. Something she thought she never had a lot of but just a little above average.

She got an awful amount of stares though. What did she do wrong? Why was everyone staring?
She picked up on some of the whispers though.
"She has dark magic?"
"Dark magic, really?! She must be very slow. Bet I could take her on."

Why the hell were they saying this stuff? What the hell did I do wrong?! And how did they know what type of magic I have? Is it because of my grimoire? Is what was going through Y/n's head.

"Um... Why are you staring at me and saying things like that?" She got the courage to talk and confront the people in the room about it.
"I'm just like everyone else. What makes me so different from all of you?"

"You're different because dark magic is evil!" Someone yelled from inside the tower.
Murmurs of agreement rippled throughout from all the other teens and even some adults. Was your magical ability really that bad? It didn't seem evil. Nor did it affect what type of person you were.

Y/n decided to just ignore the comments. So she walked out of the tower with her new grimoire so she could start training for the magic knights exam.

She was going to prove everyone in that building that she wasn't evil or slow. But that she was good and a worthy candidate to join the magic knights.

If only she knew that she was going to get herself into a very unique squad.