Chapter 8

By the time the magic knight's exam was over the sun had set. The stars were shining brightly in the sky as if they were congratulating the new magic knights.

You had a content smile on your face as you looked at the night sky.

It was as if you were in a trance, the glimmering stars captivated your attention and drew you into mindless thinking about how your life was going to change.

You were interrupted from your thoughts when someone grabbed your shoulder.
You jumped a bit but nevertheless, you turned around to see who this person was.

When you did turn around, you didn't expect who it was.

Yami Sukehiro. The man who was now your Captain.

He looked down at you, a cigarette in his mouth.

Doesn't he know that smoking is bad for your lungs, or does he not care?

"So," he started off. "You have dark magic, pipsqueak?"

"Indeed I do sir." You replied with. You didn't really know how to feel about this guy. He was a complete jerk earlier and almost crushed poor Asta's skull.

He took his hand off your shoulder and shoved both his hands into his pockets.

Now that he was up close and not trying to murder anyone, you got a good look at him.

As you observed briefly earlier he was tall and muscular, smoked cigars, and looked like a dangerous person.

As you observed him now, you could see he had black hair that wasn't quite shoulder length but did go a ways down his neck and it was combed back, making his hair stick out in places. He had grey eyes and a stubble mustache and beard. He wore a white tank top and black trousers that were covered in a layer of tan leather that went from his thigh to his knee. He wore two belts, one supporting his trousers while the other held the holder for his grimoire. He wore black boots that covered most of his calf. To top it off he had a black bulls robe that was draped over his broad shoulders and it was tattered around the edges.

"You done admiring me yet?" The Captain asked as he looked to the side and continued smoking the cigar.

You were about to respond but a loud boy was heard greeting the group of you. You didn't even have to look back to know it was Asta.

He ran up till he was right beside you.

"Hey, guys. Sorry, I took so long. I had to use the bathroom." The boy said.

Yami picked up Asta by the head. This lead to Asta screaming and gripping on the Captain's arm, trying to make him let go.

"Who said you could take so damn long?" Yami said. Yet again, he put on a menacing face.

Does this man only know the facial expressions for 'You're going to die' and 'I don't give a shit'?

"Like I said I had to use the bathroom and I started doing the number two and it was really long and-" Asta got cut off by getting his head squeezed harder.

"I don't wanna hear your shit story."
Yami said as he squeezed Asta's head harder.

That looks really painful. Thankfully I'm not going through th-

Just as you were about to finish that thought, Yami grabbed your head and picked you up off the ground.

You kicked your legs, trying to get out of his grasp. Nevertheless, it failed miserably and you ended up just hanging there while mumbling 'Ow' over and over again.