Chapter 14

You, Klaus, Mimosa, Asta, Noelle, and Yuno, all stood off to the side as the award ceremony was underway. You noticed a couple of questioning glares from the members of the Silver Eagles. Especially from the subordinates.

One by one, magic knights were awarded a medal, as well as achieving a higher rank.

Once the awarding ceremony was done, everyone was led to a separate room. Where the banquet was to be held.

At the sight of delicious food, Asta's eyes sparkled and he immediately made his way over to one of the tables full of food.

"I'm sorry to leave so soon, but it appears I have separate duties to attend to." The Wizard King said to everyone.
"However, please enjoy yourselves. It's a celebration after all." With that said, the Wizard King left the room, as well as Marx.

You grew slightly anxious as you felt the stares of stuck-up nobles on you. You took a couple of deep breathes before you walked to one of the tables. You picked up one of those small sandwiches and ate it as politely as possible.

As you ate, you heard Asta stuffing his face and commenting loudly about how good the food is. It seemed he didn't notice the obvious stares he was getting.

You finished eating the small sandwich and picked up a glass of what appeared to be champagne.

Should I drink this? What if I become incredibly intoxicated? Eh screw it. I'm an adult. I can do what I want!

You brought the glass to your lips and took a sip. It tasted kind of fruity and the bubbles tickled your tongue. A smile adorned your face as you were pleased with the unique flavor. (Btw, I have no idea what champagne actually tastes like as I am underage. I just googled it. Soooo, if you've tried it before and this description doesn't match up then please let me know. Now back to the story!)

"OOOO! What's that (Y/n)?!" Asta exclaimed excitedly as he eyed the drink.

"Something a 15 year old like you doesn't need to drink. Maybe when you're older." You said, holding the drink away from him.

And probably not even when you're adult. Who knows how much more energetic you might be in a drunken state.

"AW MAN!" Asta exclaimed in disappointment.

You shook you're head with smile on your face and handed him a glass of water instead.

He immediately chugged the thing down and ran off to eat more food.

"MIMOSA, YOU GOT TO TRY THIS!" Asta exclaimed excitedly, stuffing his face with some type of meat. You could tell Mimosa was slightly uncomfortable with the stares of the other people, but she joined Asta anyway.

You went over to Klaus and stood next to him and Yuno.

You took another sip of the alcoholic beverage before the rude remarks started to commence.

"What are commoners doing at an event like this?" Someone asked in a snarky voice.

Murmurs broke out of nobles giving snide comments and agreeing with one another.
Agreeing that Asta, Yuno, and you had no place at this event or in the Magic Knights.

"Now hold on now. These three have proven themselves to be quite capable assets to the Clover Kingdom." Klaus interjected, sticking up for the three of you.

This surprised you, and a smile appeared on your face as this was the first time a noble had ever stuck up for you, a commoner.

"Aren't you ashamed to even associate with filth like them? You've gone soft Klaus." A man from the Golden Dawn said. He had green hair and was quite tall.