Chapter 10

"Actually pipsqueak, you're staying here."

"What!?" You asked furiously. You didn't understand why the hell you had to stay behind while Asta and Noelle, who are also rookies, get to go.

"Are you questioning my leader ship skills?"
The intimidation was back.

Knowing you couldn't do anything about this, you only sighed and said, "No sir."

Not too long after, Asta, Noelle, and Magna had left.

You were in the library again, reading the book you had found earlier.
You were still pretty pissed about not being able to go. I mean, it might be a stupid mission, but it would've been your first and you didn't want to fall behind.

You let out a sigh and continued reading. Getting lost in the story of the book.

Your focus was interrupted when you heard the voice of someone you didn't want to see.
The Captain's voice, to be exact.

"What do you want?" You say in tone that might have been a little too harsh, but at the moment you didn't care.

"Well jeez pipsqueak. I was just coming to get you for something. Don't have to be so hostile about it."

You narrowed your eyes at the man, trying to figure out if he was lying or not.
"What did you have in mind?" You inquired.
All he did was grin and walked out of the library, you in tow.

~▪️☘️▪️~

"You know, when you said we were going to do something, I didn't think a nature walk would be on the list."

You both had been walking in the forest for quite a while.
Where you two were going was a mystery to you.

The Captain finally stopped all of a sudden, and you weren't paying attention so you ran into the Captain's back and fell over.

"You good there, pipsqueak?" He asked.

You only nodded and stood up, dusting your pants off.

"Well, we're here."

You looked up and finally got a good look at the place. It was a large clearing in the forest. Grass and small white flowers were seen on the ground.

"This is where we are going to do some training."
"Wait, what?"
"Weren't you paying attention, we are going to be doing some training here as I have made the decision to personally train you. You don't have to thank me but it would be appreciated."

You looked at him in shock, trying to catch the lie. But you couldn't. He seemed to be telling the truth.

"What are you standing around for, you got work to do."
He walked into the clearing and you quickly followed after.

"So what do we do first?"
"Well your gonna take that pile of wood over there and start moving it to the other side of this clearing, while I sit back and watch."

You looked in the direction he pointed, and sure enough there was a pile of wood about 24 feet long (7.32m for the people who don't use the U.S. system).

"But I thought-"
"No buts. If you want to get better you got to start off simple."

You only rolled your eyes as you felt like this was pointless. You had been doing basic training like this since you were 9.

You walked over to the pile and picked up on of the long pieces of wood. And for some reason, it was heavier than it seemed.

"What the hell!? Why is this so heavy!"
"It's enchanted dumbass. It was made for specific training like this. It calculates how much a person can carry some how and then doubles the weight."