VIII: Milano, Italia (Milan, Italy)

Warning: sensual scenes

December 2008. Milan, Italy.

Winter Soldier/Asset's POV 

The wind blew through the curtains, rustling them. They were silk, and flew as if nothing inhibited them. I looked to where Phoenix was sleeping. Her breathing was soft, and slept as if she wasn't going back tomorrow... as if we weren't going back to Siberia tomorrow. Anything but the cryofreeze and wiping. I watched her as she slowly sat up, then turned back to the window before she noticed me. I heard her pad over on her bare feet towards me, standing next to me at the window, looking out upon the sleeping city of Milan, Italy. 

'It's beautiful, isn't it?' she asked, her voice slightly hoarse from not having spoken to me in a good, long while. 

'It is.' I want to come back, I thought, but I knew I couldn't. I wouldn't remember this place, not after they wiped us. 

'I want to come back too,' she said softly. 

'Oh, sorry. I didn't know I was speaking my thoughts aloud.' 

'You always do that when you're not focused.' My hand wandered down to hers and held it in mine. 

'I love the feel of your hand. It grounds me.' I squeezed softly, and felt her squeeze back. 

'Help me enjoy this night,' she said. 'Let's not talk of going back, not just yet.' 

'They'll extract us before sunrise.' 

'So let's make the most of it.' She turned and her sapphire blue, baby blue eyes couldn't have looked more lovelier. In that moment, I leaned down, taking her cheek and suddenly, shockingly kissed her with everything I had in my body. I felt her knees slightly buckle from the shock of it, and it was with this that I wrapped my hands around her legs. 

'Jump,' I whispered, and she did, straight into my arms. I walked us over to the bed and laid her down tenderly on the bed. She pulled me down to the bed, kissing me harder. I pulled away rather suddenly and heard her moan loudly in frustration. I fell down on the bed beside her. 'We can't be doing this, Phoenix,' I said softly. 

'We'll never have this moment again, not unless it's forced on us.' 

'It's not pure if it's forced,' I said back to her. 'But we can't be doing this. They won't like it.' She sat up slowly, but the nerves and sexual tension was already high and I pulled her back to the bed, kissing her more ferociously. She sat on top of me, straddling me.

'If you're so afraid, why do you keep kissing me?' she asked, leaning close, her hips closing around my waist, lips just grazing my ear gently. Suddenly, I flipped her over on the bed, her legs still wrapped around my waist. 'You're testing me, Soldier,' she teased. She traced her fingers down my upper arm, tracing down to my exposed abs. She pushed herself up, putting me on the bed, sitting on top of me, kissing me again and again.

'If we're being fair, you keep doing it to me, Phoenix.'

'Not as much as you.' Her hips ground into me aggressively as she kissed me again, running her hands through my hair. I felt something in me tighten, something in my gut. No, that wasn't it. What was she doing to me? I was feeling her in a way that wasn't possible. A way that I'd never felt her before. She kissed me again, making me let out a noise akin to a growl. Her pupils were dilated, and she squirmed slightly, trying to get comfortable. 'All of you is tense,' she remarked.

'I've never done this before,' I whispered back to her.

'Neither have I. We'll take it slow, Soldier. You and me. Slow. Right?'

'Yeah.' For the next two hours, we took it slow. Excruciatingly slow. She was gentle with her touches, and would stop when I flinched. Then we got rougher... And louder. A solid four hours later, we both laid on the bed, exhausted. Her hand found its way to mine and laced her fingers through mine.

'I don't know what that was supposed to be, but it was beautiful,' she said.

'I know.' I met her blue eyes, which I noticed had become dark and stormy during our ahem! activities, but had returned to their glowy, peaceful blue color. 'It was beautiful.'

When we were picked up at the extraction point that morning at sunrise, I swore she started looking at me with a little more love in her eyes.

Phew, that was hard to write!! I was trying to write a scene that was sensual, but not enough to border into smut. I have this love/hate relationship with smut and sensual scenes, I think. If they're done right, then they're full of love and passionate feelings, with not too much indicated. If it's done badly, then it can end up like a really raunchy X-rated movie scene. And I hate those.

Anyway, I hope you're happy with the end result!!