Chapter 4: Into the Mall

Finn's POV

"Please turn that off." I groaned in annoyance as 'Shape of You' by Ed Sheeran started to play on the radio.

"Why? It's a bop." He said very innocently as he did a little dance in his seat.

I groaned again, crossing my arms on my chest as I looked out the window, trees and houses blurred by. After the atrocious song came to an end, 'Feeling Myself' by Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé came on.

I perked up but I didn't want to make it obvious that I was excited. Oliver and I locked eyes and then he smirked.

"What?" I asked as I pretended to look away.

"It's okay, you can dance to it, it's a good song too."

I rolled my eyes which made him laugh and I had to painfully stay still throughout the whole song, muttering a few words here and there. A few minutes later, we were in the mall, shopping for what's in style.

"Are you sure you can do this? Your head just got injured, I won't force you." Oliver asked.

I nodded wordlessly to his question as I browsed the men's area.

"Alright. But if you get dizzy or anything. Just tell me." He said with a smile, enough for my face to heat in embarrassment.

Oliver Hunt is gonna be the death of me.

As I continued to browse, I noticed two guys holding hands and being all cuddly. It caught me off guard because I wasn't used to seeing it. 

It reminded me of my own unfortunate faith. I wish I was confident like them to do that in public, or be at least likeable to have a person to do that with in public. Romance is something I secretly liked and even though I'm always sarcastic and pretty closed off, I still wished I had that kind of thing. That person to share my life and secrets with. It's pretty cheesy thing to hope for but it's genuine. I wanna be out, I wanna be free, I wanna be me.

That sounded like a lyric. Someone write that down.

Stuck in my thoughts, I didn't see where I was going and someone turned around in front of me, causing their shoulder to hit me. I suddenly lost balance and have started to fall backwards when a pair of arms caught me.

"Sorry dude, I didn't see you there." The girl who I bumped into said with an apologetic smile.

I returned the smile in a way of letting her know it was fine. 

Once I've attained my balance back. I looked up at the person who have caught me and was met with beautiful hazel eyes.

"You doing fine there?"

I pushed him off of me in panic, in fear of him getting suspicious. I don't think I ever want him to know I'm gay or else, I would just ruin everything.

"S-Sorry. I'm just... Sorry." I fumbled embarrassingly with my words.

He shook his head. At that moment, I had thought of the worst and thought that he started getting suspicious but the thought quickly dissipated when he gently touched my elbow which made me flinch way harder than I intended too.

"Are you okay? Do you need to sit down?" He asked, worry still on his face.

"No. Can we just continue?" 

He nodded and I brushed past him. I was suddenly shivering, I wrapped an arm around myself and started to rub my biceps to at least reduce the shivering.