Chapter 20: Under The Stars

This chapter is shorter than most but it's one of the most important ones... so you might not want to miss it. *wink wink*

Finn's POV

After the ice cream, Oliver decided to take me to another place which he decided not to reveal. But we eventually made it after a short drive. It was the beach nearby and it was currently deserted which was perfect since I wanted to be alone with Oliver... not for the reason you think.

He took my hand in his as we walked through the sandy path, the smell of the ocean wafting through the air bringing back all kinds of memory to me. The sound of the ocean hitting rocks and the shore was loud but also relaxing. 

We sat down near the water but not close enough for it to touch us. It was cold but with Oliver's arms around me, it felt nice. The moon reflected on the sea, making our surroundings look like a beautiful scenery. Everything was perfect.

"Hey, Finn, wear this." Oliver said before handing me a white bucket hat with a bunch of ice cream prints on it.

"Oh, hell no. I'm not wearing that goofy hat." 

"Please? You don't want sand in your hair." 

I looked at him in annoyance before rolling my eyes and putting it on my head. Once that was over with, the two of us went silent as we looked out the sea, our minds seemingly occupied. 

I decided to voice out the thought that has been on my mind ever since Oliver confessed to me. "Hey Oliver. I have to ask you, what made you like me?"

He smirked at me mischievously. "What made me like you, huh? Are we talking about your good qualities?"

My face started to heat up in embarrassment. "Well- no, it's- well, if you want... You know what? Let's just pretend I didn't say anything." 

He chuckled in amusement. He was definitely enjoying this. "No, no. I can answer that." He said before clearing his throat like he was about to launch into a full on speech, and I was afraid he would. "For starters. You're, dare I say, the most adorable and good looking person I've ever seen in the school- no- in the world. You would sacrifice your feelings just for the sake of others and you're quite literally, an angel. You seriously brighten up every room you enter into. Whenever I'd tease you, your beautiful face would blush. Your sarcasm and wit can kill an army but under that gruff exterior of yours, you're just a soft, adorable cutie. Was that enough reason? Because I can list everything about you all night." 

As you could already imagine, I was a hot mess from that little speech of his. The air around me was so hot despite the freezing cold air caressing my skin.

Upon seeing my face, he laughed loudly and wrapped an arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to him.

"You know what? I'm gonna say it right now. Finn, you're amazing and I'm... I'm in love with you." 

I froze at what he said, completely unexpected. I looked up at him with wide eyes just to see him smiling genuinely.

"I..." I trailed off, I was dumb founded and I didn't get to continue the sentence I was supposed to form.

He seriously just confessed that he was in love with me. But I was frozen, I didn't know what to do. And strangely, all in my mind at the time was that he was mocking me, that he would laugh at me once I say it back, that he would... leave. 

"No you don't." I spit out.

"What do you mean? I do. I'm so fucking in love with you and I can't contain it much longer." He admitted a second time.  

"Oh my God. Why?" I asked in disbelief and I expected him to be angry that I was questioning his motives but instead, he just gave me one of his rare, genuine smile. 

"I don't need a reason, Finn. It's a feeling. You bring out the best in me and that's that. I hope you believe me." 

I sighed, my heart still beating rapidly in my chest as we went quiet. I looked away from him and instead averted my focus towards the horizon. I closed my eyes once more and looked at my hands that were on my lap before looking at Oliver as my vision turned blurry.

"I'm sorry, Oliver. I'm just so scared." I said as I struggled to keep my voice from shaking.

"That's okay, Finn. It's alright if you're a little hesitant or if you don't return my feelings like that."

"No, I do. I'm just scared to admit it. What if you leave? Or what if you're just playing me? What if it's all temporary? That tomorrow, we're back to day one and all these amazing things happened were all just a dream? I... I don't think I could handle you leaving."

He sighed and grabbed my hand. "I'm not gonna tell you to confess... But let me tell you this, Finn. I'm really in love with you, more than what I could explain. Even if I can't prove it how you need it to be proven, I know good and well that it's true. I'm giving you a chance to walk away if you don't trust me." He said with a reassuring smile but I could feel that he was barely holding it together. I could tell he wanted to cry. I could tell he didn't want me to go.

He looked away and my heart broke from seeing him hurt. I felt so damn terrible that I had to say all those stupid shit about me being scared. I've been so worried about my own feelings and my irrational fears when I had forgotten that he had feelings too, that he was just patiently waiting for me, and guiding me. All my doubts? Those didn't matter because... I loved him too. 

So much.

So I gently grabbed his chin to tilt his head towards me before pressing my lips to his. I felt his hand instantly settle on my back as he shifted so we'd be more comfortable. My hand went to his soft blonde hair while the other was on his neck. 

His lips moved with mine before we fell into the sand with me on top of him which made me gasp, earning his entrance into my mouth. A low moan bubbled up my throat as his tongue explored my mouth. It felt amazing, nothing like I've felt before. I pulled away to catch my breath but I didn't give him a break. Not even a full second passed when I grabbed his face and kissed him again, my head tilting to the side so that our lips would fit together just right. We were laying on the beach, under the stars, his lips on mine, my hands on his face and his fingers in my hair. Everything was so damn perfect. I had to pull away to catch my breath and my head fell on his chest from dizziness. 

He laughed as he lifted my head to look at my eyes. "You okay?"

I could only nod before I had the strength to form our words. "Yeah, I'm just... wow." I trailed off tiredly which made him laugh again.

"Wow is definitely the word. Have I mentioned you're a good kisser?"

"No... but you definitely are." I teased back.

He sat up and he positioned me in front of him, between his legs. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder, keeping me close to his chest and I could feel him breathe every time he would.

"I can't even put into words how much I love you, Finn, I hope you know that." He whispered sweetly into my ear, his accent and the rasp of his voice was just the perfect touch. 

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against his.

"I do... it's just so hard to believe that someone like you would like someone like me. I mean, a popular jock like you could have anyone you want... while I'm just me."

"More popularity doesn't mean that you're better than anyone. You're miles better than people at our school who're more popular and that's a fact." 

I turned around and gave his cheek a quick peck before hugging him tightly. "Have I mentioned I love you?" 

"Actually, you haven't. But it would be so much better if you it again."

"Oliver Hunt. I fucking love you to the stars and back!" I shouted this time which echoed across the water and the deserted beach.

Oliver just laughed loudly before giving my head a kiss and whispering to me.

"I love you too, Finn Vasco."