Chapter 8: Breaking Free

Finn's POV 

It was the night of the homecoming dance and my heart is about to fall out of my ass from nervousness. Because it was my first time attending and that's only because Heather forced me to. Jason and I kind of had an agreement to go together as friends so he was picking me up tonight. I just went with a full black attire because I didn't want to be seen since I was literally humiliated the last time in front of everybody. No one's told me about it, not even the school's blog which really surprised me since that blog have a disturbingly excessive thirst for drama. 

As I was adjusting my tie in the mirror, my dad entered the room. "My baby nugget is growing." My dad teased like he always did when I'm all dressed up but this time, he wasn't able to hide the proud gleam in his eyes. 

"Dad." I said sternly but I wasn't able to hide the smile on my lips.

"Now, now, Finn. Don't have too much fun, if you know what I mean. I need you before 12 and that guy better take you home that time." He reminded, crossing his arms like the father he is.

Just as I was about to answer, I heard a loud beep from outside and a ding on my phone followed it a second later.

'i'm here' The text read. 

"He's here." I repeated to my dad.

My dad got there first to open the door and we were just in time to see Jason open the passenger seat.

My dad looked at me in confusion. "Last I remember, he was blond?"

"That's his friend, Jason." I told him.

He nodded but I can still sense the wariness radiating off of him. 

"Hello, Finn and Mr. Vasco." Jason greeted as he walked towards us. 

I almost got in between them, thinking my dad was gonna attack him for not being blond but my dad actually offered a smile.

"Take care of Finn and bring him home before 12. If he doesn't get home safely, I'll kill you." 

Wow, that's surprisingly... tame compared to what he said to Oliver the first time they saw each other, I think he has something against blonds. 

Instead of being scared, Jason just flashed a bright smile at my dad. "Will do."

Before leaving, I hugged my mom and dad goodbye.

As we were walking the path to his car, I leaned in. "How did you not die?" I whispered to Jason.

He chuckled. "Because I'm confident I can get you home before 12 so don't worry about it." He reassured.

I hopped in and before I could close the door, he leaned in with a smile. "By the way. You look good." 

I started to blush, these goddamn cheeks. 

. . .

Jason pulled over in front of the school and the first thing I saw were Heather and Oliver there waiting. The entrance of the school was packed with students but Oliver's attire and his everything just outshined everyone else.

We got out and was met with cold night breeze which caused me to wrap my jacket around myself tighter.

Heather gave me a hug as a greeting to which I hugged her back. "Oh my god, Finn, you look so amazing, how come I've never seen you in a suit before?"

"Just not my thing." I muttered before I fully took in my best friend. She was wearing a long sleeve lace top dress in a beautiful shade of pastel pink. Very bridesmaid-y.