Chapter 15: Biscuits and Hurtful Words

Finn's POV

I was seated on a chair as Mrs. Hunt prepared the tea and biscuit. Along with me on the table were Oliver and Austin. We were seated under the house's overhang, and the wind and temperature was just perfect under there. 

Their backyard had two pools. One was a small hot tub that was also under the shade of the overhang, it had lights underwater which made it all aesthetic-y. And one was the traditional big pool that had a small waterfall thingy that also produced pink lights. There was a huge tree on the other side of the backyard and a big fire pit beside it with intricate logs as the seats. Beside the big pool were pool lounge chair and small chairs beside them. The whole backyard looked like what rich people would usually have.

As for the place that we were currently sitting in. It was big couch filled with small pillows which was very comfortable and a simple table with pots of plants and stacked books on top of it. 

In basic words, they're rich as hell.

As I finished gawking at their house, Mrs. Hunt appeared with a plate of biscuits and two cups of tea and a kettle. 

"I didn't add much sugar there, it defeats the purpose of tea." She said with a warm smile.

"You have a lovely home, Mrs. Hunt." I said with a smile as I took a sip of tea. It was warm and zesty and totally tasted different from all the other teas I've tasted.

"Thank you and by the way, please call me Jen, you're totally a family now." 

I nodded gratefully before taking another sip. The sun started to peek out from the clouds which warmed the atmosphere.

"Call me if you two need anything. Austin, please help mama and clean up your toys in the kitchen." Jen said which made Austin follow her into the house.

As Oliver and I watched the two disappear into the house, he suddenly chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?"

His laughter died down but he still had a smile on his face. "Nothing, it's just sweet that Austin actually follows my mom's orders now. He used to be so stubborn." He said.

I looked at him for a long time before looking out the pool and sighing. This whole thing that's going on with Oliver and his family was reminding me of my own situation. Pulling me back to last night where I saw them fighting. It's been occupying my mind so much that I didn't even remember the things that have happened today. 

"What's on your mind?" Oliver suddenly asked.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Since when have you cared of what I thought?" 

He squinted his eyes at me. "Finn. Come on, indulge me just this once." 

I once again fought the urge to smile but it wasn't a hard battle since I remember why he asked why I was zoning out. 

"It's... nothing. Nothing you need to worry about." 

He looked back at the house where there were a lot of noises such as Austin giggling and screaming in delight and when it seemed like there was no one there, he sat beside me.

"Hey, I know that my family, especially my mom, is a little intense but I swear, they love you, like a lot. They might even love you more than me." He joked.

"I literally just met your mom, and it's only the second time I saw Austin." 

He rolled his eyes before pinching my cheeks which was really getting annoying. "I told them a lot about you, silly."