Chapter 5: The Queen Bee

Finn's POV

I walked through the halls of the school, carefully keeping my head down to avoid looking at anyone by accident and to my surprise, no one stared at me or shoved me into lockers like I thought everyone would. I thought Oliver would've outed me to the whole school.

Oliver had been texting me non-stop since the incident but I've been ignoring them since I thought that they had been death threats or something.

Just as I closed my locker shut, a hand grabbed my wrist, pulling me into a nearby empty classroom and thankfully, no one saw us. I turned to see Oliver there and fear overcame me. I raised my arms in defense, flinching harder that I anticipated. 

"Please, don't hit me." I pleaded shakily, tears started to prick my eyes at the thought of Oliver beating me up.

He went silent for a moment. "What? Why would I hit you? Finn, I was so worried about you." He suddenly said.

I slowly opened my eyes to look at him, my gut that was previously filled with fear replaced by sheer confusion. "What?"

"You looked so broken there yesterday, that's why." He said, looking me up and down, trying to scan for any injuries. "Is your head okay?"

"Wait, you're not mad?"

He gave me a questioning look. "No, Finn, why would I be mad?"

"Because I'm... gay?"

He looked at me like I just did the world's most unforgivable crime. "No! Finn, I'd never hate you for that! I accept you as you are. I'm just worried because of your parents."

I was shocked to my core. I thought he had been mad at me for being gay but all he was worried about was me? And for what reason?

"W-What about them?" 

"Your dad looked furious." 

I shook my head in an attempt to wave his statement away. "You don't... you don't need to worry about that, he just... overreacted." 

Oliver was about to ask more question when a figure appeared at the doorway of the classroom. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Heather asked in confusion as she looked at Oliver, then me, then back to Oliver. "You weren't about to hurt Finn, right?" 

I immediately stepped away from Oliver and I had almost noticed the hurt pass his face but he covered it by deftly shaking his head.

"No, we were just talking. I, uh, have to go." Oliver said, brushing past me but not before giving me a worried look.

I watched him go and exit the room. I was completely wonderstruck at the fact that he was worried about me. All this time, I thought he was only interested in Heather and was only using me, but from that interaction we had, it said otherwise. I know it's stupid to fear everyone finding out I'm gay and I'm probably overreacting but I've been bullied long enough simply for just being me, can you imagine if I came out? Sure, a popular kid might come out and everyone would support them but that's only because they're popular. I'm not, I'm a nobody. 

This school is stupid. Everyone is stupid. 

"Finn." Heather snapped me out of my stupor. "What happened?" 

I processed her question and I didn't really wanna bother telling her anything about what happened yesterday. Heather already had too much on her plate and me adding to her problems won't do anything.

"Nothing major. I have to go too." I said before leaving Heather in the room and proceeding to my first class. 

. . .