CHAPTER 19

"If I had to choose between breathing and loving you. I would use my last breath to tell you I love you." Unknown

He nuzzled his nose into my neck as I told him I loved him. I could feel the tension in his body slightly leave, his shoulders relaxing, but his grip on my waist remained firm. He brought his hands up, cupping the base of my neck as he slightly pulled back, making our faces align.

"So, does this mean you're not angry at me for punishing that devious wench?" He asked as he ran the tip of his nose across mine.

His touch sent shivers down my spine, and a pool of my juices started to coat the outer linings of my panties. I heard a low growl rumble from his chest as his hands tightened on my neck. I'm not sure if it was the mate bond pressuring us into fucking and creating babies, but damn if I didn't want him to bend me over right then and there. The mere thought of his huge erect penis in my tight pussy sent my hormones into overdrive. But now was not the time to fornicate.

"No, Elijah. I tried to reason with him. I'm not upset with you punishing her, but you must turn her over to the authorities. She deserves a chance to air her side of the story, and she needs to be in jail or some psychiatric hospital."

"Helena, my love. This is not a matter for humans. She is a wolf and must be punished as such." His tone left room for no arguing.

I started to rebuttal, but the bedroom door suddenly opened, and I strolled Daisy and Conner without knocking. My cheeks immediately turned red at being caught in this compromising position with Elijah. One of his hands was cupping my neck while the other was gripping my ass, and there is no doubt they smelt my arousal the way Connor's eyebrows arched as the two of them grinned at us both.

"So, I take it you remember what happened these last few days," Daisy asked.

I did remember and remember that she was my friend following orders. Was any of it real? Did she genuinely consider me a friend? I unhooked myself from Elijah's arms and narrowed my eyes at her while walking forward until I was directly in front of her.

" Oh, I remember everything, including Elijah, made you become friends with me to keep an eye on his mate. Were we even friends, Daisy? Or was this out of obligation to your Alpha?" My voice sounded a little sad even to me.

Her facial features softened under my scrutiny. And, if I am not mistaken, it looked like my line of questioning hurt her. She hugged me, brushing the back of my head and smoothing out my hair. She pulled it back, looking me in the eye.

"Helena, we are friends. We will always be friends. Initially, it was because my Alpha ordered me to and because you were my future Luna. But the more I got to know you, the more those feelings of friendship became real. I love who you are, who you were, and who you will become. I'm sorry for not telling you the truth from the beginning."

The sincerity in her voice was unmistakable, and deep down, I knew we were friends. It sucks that she didn't trust me enough to tell me the truth.

" I believe you, Daisy. It's alright. Honestly, I am not sure I would have befriended you immediately if I knew the truth." I shook my head at the thought of her explaining she was a wolf to me six months ago. Yeah, I would have thought she was batshit crazy.

She smiled, "Who are you kidding, Helena? You would probably have run to the hills screaming at the top of your lungs that I was crazy." The sound of her giggles filled the room, and the tension in my heart eased just a little.

We hugged each other, laughing at the sheer idiocy of this situation. An impatient growl brought us out of our bubble. I turned to see Connor with a look of exasperation plastered on his face.