Ch. 24

((WARNING! SLIGHT FOREPLAY AND EXPLICIT LANGUAGE IS INCLUDED IN THIS CHAPTER.))

Four months post the last chapter.

Shōto's POV:

Katsuki was definitely up to something. I got home from the office to see two suitcases standing in the hallway.

Naturally, I freaked out thinking Katsuki would take Akatsuki and leave or something.

I stood there, just staring at the bags with my mind completely blank when Katsuki suddenly entered the hallway. He was carrying Akatsuki in his arms.

"Welcome home. Pack your bags; we're going on a trip the coming four days."

He without an explanation ordered me to pack my bags and get into the car. I was relieved to hear he wasn't breaking up with me though, so despite my confusion, I quickly packed the necessary stuff for a trip into a suitcase and made my way to the car as Katsuki had demanded once I was done.

He greeted me from the driver's seat as I entered the car, Akatsuki merrily gibbering in the backseat with an adorable little smile on her lips.

After an hour on the road, I tried asking Katsuki where he was taking us, but he simply sealed his lips by placing his index finger over them, refusing to give me any hints.

It took about two hours for me to figure out where we'd be spending the four days ahead as the traffic signs gave it away. It seemed as if we were heading towards Kyoto.

Akatsuki had fallen asleep with her most treasured plushie in her arms. The plushie unfortunately portrayed a seriously twisted villain called Overhaul from her (undoubtedly questionable...) favourite kids' show, The League of Villains. Katsuki and I had tried to stop her from watching that show and replace her Overhaul plushie plenty of times due to it's oddly immoral plot, but it was impossible. As soon as we refused to let her watch it, she just wouldn't stop crying no matter how many days passed by. She also rejected any plushie or stuffed animal that wasn't her Overhaul plushie. They were inseparable.

Eventually, the five hour drive to Kyoto came to an end as we pulled up on a parking lot outside a pretty fancy traditional inn called Hīragiya.

I stepped out of the car and went to wake Akatsuki up so that we could go and check in together.

"Aka-chan, honey. It's time to wake up." I said, making my voice sound as gentle as possible.

I unbuckled her seatbelt and picked her up, closing the door to the car after us, which Katsuki locked as soon as we were all outside.

Together, we made our way to the reception where we were politely greeted by the staff. I could tell by the way their eyes widened at the sight of me, that I was recognised even here in Kyoto. Katsuki proceeded to check in after clearing his throat to direct the receptionist's attention towards him.

A while later, the check-in was complete and we were free to enter the room we'd be staying in during our time in Kyoto.

• • •

Unpacking with a toddler was harder than expected, so Katsuki took on the mission of amusing her while I unpacked our things.