Ch. 11

Katsuki's POV:

Yawning loudly with the frying pan in my hand, I suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Morning, honey."

I heard the familiar voice of my mate from behind me.

"Mornin'. You're up quite early today? Even though it's your day off.."

He nuzzled his face into my neck, placing a soft kiss there.

"I woke up and noticed you weren't there, so I wasn't able to sleep. Also, I wanna spend as much time as I can with you today."

I chuckled and turned the omelette over.

Three weeks had passed since I moved in with Shōto.

We still kept my stay a secret from everyone except my mom and Shōto's older sister.

I wasn't nearly as awkward around Shōto as I was before. We lived just like any other couple.

I hadn't seen my mom's face even once during the past three weeks.
We had spoken a few times over the phone though, so I knew she was alright.

Feeling his head lean on my shoulder, a tender smile spread across my face. The sensation of Shōto's lips tracing their way up my neck had my knees weaken underneath me.
The fragrance of his cologne was stronger than usual.

"This cologne really fits you, Shōto."

His movements paused, and he lifted his head.
"I sprayed a little on yesterday for the meeting. I've taken a shower since then though?"

I moved the frying pan away from the stove and turned around.
"No way. It's too strong to be from yesterday. Am I goin' insane or something? Man.."
Rubbing my temples, I narrowed my eyes.

"Why don't you google it?" Shōto suggested.

Judging by the fleer on his face, he clearly mocked me.

Normally I'd just playfully hit him while trying to defend my words, but now I just faced him with a blank expression.

"Wow , you're such a genius. Never heard of a better solution."

The obvious irony in my voice came out stronger than I'd intended it to. I knew he had a good point in what he was saying though. It was actually a good idea to google it, since it didn't feel like anything I would have to go to the hospital for.

"Never mind, I think you're right. Imma google it, but first breakfast."

I stood up on my tippy-toes so that I'd be able to reach up to his face, leaving a quick kiss on his lips before turning my attention back to the omelette.

"Can you do me a favour and pick out two plates from the dishwasher, babe?"

I spoke with my back against him again, but even so I could imagine his grin from behind me.

"Of course honey."

He leaned down to my nape and brushed his lips over the deep scar left from his bite three weeks ago.
It was a scar that would never be able to fade, no matter how long time would pass.

He was proud over it; I knew that. The way he kissed it showed me he had no regrets or plans of throwing me away. He just seemed to treasure me with all his heart.

He removed his hands from my hips, walking off to grab the plates like I had asked him to.

I had learned about his kindness during the time we spent together.
How he just couldn't help but to worry about leaving me alone in the house while he was at work. He never missed out on paying me attention, no matter if it was early in the morning when going to work, or late in the evening when he got home. I was really happy, and nonetheless lucky, having him as my Alpha.