Ch. 31

• A week post the last chapter •

Katsuki's POV:

Today was the day I, Katsuki Bakugō, would finally become Katsuki Todoroki.

Shōto would be my husband in just an hour at most. The thought of it made me so excited and nervous I couldn't stay still as mom attempted to attach the white orchid to the chest pocket of my burgundy tuxedo.

"Jeez; stay still you brat! I can't attach the goddamn flower if you keep moving around!" She complained, about to slap the back of my head when she stopped herself.

"Shit. I can't ruin your hair. It's actually obedient for once. The hair stylist must be using some kind of magic. Being able to slick your hair back and make it stay that way is a fucking talent in itself."

She was right. If I didn't know better, I would've presumed my hair had life a on its own.

"I was thinking the same thing. I hope none of my kiddos will end up with my hair type. Actually, can't all of them just take after Shōto like Akatsuki? She looks just like him! Wait no; she totally takes after Dabi! It's pretty hilarious isn't i-... Shit."

Mom looked at me with the widest eyes I'd ever seen. I forgot she didn't know about the whole Tōya and Shōto being brothers thing...

"Oh my god, Katsuki! Don't tell me you cheated on Shōto-kun with that sleezebag, Dabi?! Isn't Shōto-kun Akatsuki's biological father?!" She shouted.

Luckily, we were the only two in the dressing room at the moment, so there was no one around who could to hear us.

"What the hell?! No! Shōto is a hundred percent Akatsuki's biological father!" I corrected her, glancing around the room an extra time to be completely sure we were all alone.

"This is a huge secret, so don't you dare tell a soul, but Dabi's real name is Tōya Todoroki. He's Shōto's older brother." I whispered, keeping my voice low in volume just in case.

Mom's jaw almost dropped to the floor in surprise when she heard the unexpected news.

"Is my son some kind of magnet attracting dominant alphas from the Todoroki family? I've noticed they smell alike, but I simply thought that was because they're both dominant alphas.. Holy shit, Katsuki... You're not even half as pretty as most omegas, so how..? I mean look at Keigo-kun and Denki-kun; they're both gorgeous, and then there's you." She bluntly admitted, furrowing her eyebrows.

That old hag...! She was way too honest- no, insolent, and sometimes it stung. Well, as much as I wished she'd at least sugar-coated her words a little, she was undoubtedly right.

"Just whose fault is it that I'm not very pretty, eh?! I'm apparently a male copy of you, so that would in fact make you ugly too!" I argued.

As obscenely rude as we were towards each other, I'd missed our pointless, brutal arguments. I was incredibly happy to see her again, which I'd be able to do much more often from now on; for the better or for the worse. Today was the day mom, Akatsuki and I would be able to stop hiding. After today, not only Shōto's, but the whole Todoroki family's protection would apply to us and keep us safe from the Fukisumi family as the Todoroki family was significantly more powerful than the Fukisumi family. Actually, the Todoroki and the Yaoyorozu households were the most powerful families in Japan.

Mom chuckled as if she'd read my mind.

"I've missed you so much, Katsuki. To think our freedom would come with a marriage between two people who love each other... I'm so lucky to have you as my son, stinky brat. You may not be very pretty, but you have a big personality; not necessarily a good one, but it is big." She said with a wide grin on her lips.