25: Girl's Day

|Natalie|

~The morning before the battle~

Confused, I woke up on the wrong side, in a cold outline of my mate. Where was he? He usually does work on his laptop waiting until I wake up so he can give me a briefing of what is going on. Yet, today he was gone before I even woke up. He was gone long before I woke up because his side went cold. Stretching out my limps and letting out a yawn, I head to the bathroom that has the faint scent of his cologne.

Once I got myself ready for the day I headed down to the kitchen where Max's mother sits eating her breakfast. Her head perks up when she hears my footsteps and her eyes light.

"Natalie, good morning," she greets.

"Good morning, ma'am," I respond.

"Please, call me Jane. I am going to be your mother-in-law I hate formalities. Besides I am no longer the Queen, I should be referring to you as such."

"Okay, Jane. Good morning, Jane."

She smiles. "What are your plans for today?"

"I do not believe I have any."

"Wonderful! I have planned a girls day."

"Girl's day?"

She nods. "You need clothes and what not for the big ceremonies."

"I do? I thought I was having a dress fitting for my coronation and marking ceremony."

"You do! I am talking about the other ceremony."

My eyes widen in realization in what she is talking about and my face turns hot. I am pretty sure I was as red as a tomato. I shield my face from the embracement and take a seat across from her. Talking to his mother about having sex with him was unusual and truly embarrassing. It isn't something I'd expect a mother wanting to have a conversation about or take her daughter-in-law shopping for. She wants to take me lingerie shopping, you know something I'd wear when I am mating with her son. I don't know, it is just weird for me.

"Sorry about suddenly dropping that on you. I can tell you are embarrassed. We can do something else if you'd like."

"Oh, no, no. It just isn't something I'd expect a mother to do."

"Well, it isn't something a mother to a daughter would do. I want grand-pups and it's been awhile since there was another women here to do such activities."

"Oh, I am so sorry. I was just shocked at such an offer."

"A lot of mother's to alphas or males like to take their future daughter-in-law shopping. It is always shocking when they offer. I know I was as well, so I know how you feel."

"Okay when are we leaving?"

"Please eat first then we can leave. I'll tell the chauffeur."

I fill my plate with my favorites and continue to talk to Jane. She gives me tips and stories about  being Queen. Although she is no longer in that position she still carried herself like she was all the way down to how she sat and drank her tea. Her mannerism screamed respected and that I am your superior, do not cross me.

Jane had the soft yet vibrant eyes her son had. Really that was the only trait they shared, Max really looked like his father.

My fear was not living up to Jane when she was Queen, I have big shoes to fill. I didn't have training like she did. I do not know the first thing about being Queen or even a Luna. It was intimidating. My fear is being a horrible Queen and one that will be looked over and walked on because I am nothing like Jane. Although my wolf has realized her position in the pack and has demanded it, I do not know how to. I do not have that instinct. I was the daughter of a Beta, so all I know is to obey and be obedient.

I can not command a troop or make a political decision. I wasn't raised to be such. My father just hoped I'd settle down with a nice male and did't care his for ranking he just wanted me to be happy. Although I am happy I am stressed about this position I was placed into. Hopefully Jane and Maxwell can help with this transition. I strive to be half the Queen Jane was.

Once we finished breakfast and put our dishes in the sink I grabbed my handbag and winter jacket. Jane was already waiting in the warm running car.

"Where to," the chauffeur asks.

"The mall," she responds.

"Which one?"

"My usual one."

"Of course, m'lady."

The car pulls up to a luxurious outlet shopping center.

"We have arrived, ma'am."

"Wonderful, thank you!

Jane practically pulls me out of the car and drags me to the car and so began our girl's day shopping trip.

~~~

Hello! I am trying to get a few more updates out in a few days. I start my spring semester on the 19th.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. I have been absent from Wattpad since the last update. As you know I just rescued a New Guinea pig and we do not know much about him. The rescue didn't know much about him either only that he is four. My guineas pig are fed a diet with vitamin c and calcium, his body wasn't use to it so it led to an inflamed digestive system. Even though we slowly changed him over. As of Saturday he is no longer passing blood so he is good now!

I got to be honest, I am not excited about another semester on online, it is difficult and I hate it.

Look for chapter 21 late this week!

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful week!

~Becca, The Queen of Beans