13

"Amelia, please,"

"Stop acting like this and let me explain!"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you,"

"She means nothing!"

All feeble attempts by Amelia's mate to make amends. It had been 14 days, 2 whole weeks since she's talked to him. Any time she opens the door to her room, he's waiting. She simply ignores him and sits by herself in the library, sometimes Marcus joins her.

"Am I being harsh?" This was a usual conversation she had with Marcus,

"Well he did withhold information about his current relationship," his usual bored voice was a bit lighter, happier to have an actual conversation.

"Is it cheating though? I-I mean he didn't actually cheat on me." Amelia sat back in her chair across from Marcus and kept folding a corner of the page she was on. Her current read is It by Stephen King.

"He's cheating on Athenadora with you,"

"Damn it Marcus! You were suppose to tell me no!" Amelia threw her hands up in frustration, he was right.

"It's not fair to lie to you, that only makes things worse." Marcus placed a bookmark in his book, some Ancient Greek reading he's probably read a million times before, and stood from his chair. He knelt down infront of Amelia and removed the book from her hands.

"What am I doing wrong?" Her voice sounded so broken as she starred at her hands, "The only two men I've loved have lied, cheated, broken my heart after endless promises of happiness, love, safety," her tear filled eyes met Marcus' "Why?"

Marcus didn't have an answer, he just pulled Amelia down to the floor with him and cradled her. Amelia found comfort in the cold, her breaths becoming erratic as she sobbed into him. Marcus placed his chin on top of her head and rocked her.

"It's hard not knowing answers to questions we want answered so badly. It's not your fault Edwin and Caius are a couple of twits," this earned a chocked laugh from Amelia, "But you have to find it in your heart to forgive your mate."

"I don't have to do anything, actually,"

"Yes but it'll make your life a bit easier if you do. The bond between mates, when strained, can cause pain for both. Just think about that,"

Amelia sighed and nodded, "Thank you."