14

Amelia didn't listen to Marcus' advice for another week and now she can see why he had said forgiving would be easier. Since Amelia was a mate to one of the kings, making her a queen, she was meant to be at certain trials.

And so were the other two queens.

When Athenadora and Sulpicia entered the Throne room the atmosphere changed. The guard glanced between Caius, Amelia and Athena as tension grew. Amelia didn't spare either of them a glance.

When the first vampire on trial came in, things couldn't have gone any better. He was on trial for exposing himself to mortals, the usual.

"Why am I on trial when there's a mortal right there?" Caius growled as the vampire on trial lunged in the direction of Amelia. "Your human pet, king? Pathetic." The vampire cackled. Amelia looked over to Jane who stood off to the side and asked,

"You said there was a witness?" Jane simply nodded. "Bring them."

The vampire in the hold of Felix and Demitri scoffed, "she is not needed for this," Amelia simply ignored him and shed the cloak around her shoulders. Her hair pulled back elegantly putting her treasured necklace on display. The center to her abilities.

When Jane returned with the witness Amelia's nose crinkled in distaste. She stood as if she was better then them.

"You witnessed him expose himself to a mortal?" Amelia asked,

"I don't know, maybe?" The witness was a brunette like Bella, red eyes, nose turned up in a snobbish manner.

"Watch your tone. You are in the presence of your leaders and you will act in respect." The air around the room turned cold as Amelia's eyes glared at the two.

"You're just a pathetic mortal," Both vampires laughed in a mocking manner.

"Wrong." The brunette vampire screamed as Amelia simply flicked her wrist sending her flying back against the throne room wall. A gasp from the other two queens rang out as vines broke through the walls and secured the vampire in place. "Felix, Demitri dears, please step aside." Both vampires stepped back as the vampire they were once holding in place was secured to the ground by the same vines that hold the female vampire against the wall broke through the ground and held him. The woman was dry sobbing as the male vampire groaned as the vines pulled him further to the ground.

"Aro, my dear brother, remember how we were theorizing that the heart of a vampire could be removed. It just may be different as the heart doesn't beat for a vampire," Amelia asked her brother as she stepped around the vampire on the floor over to the witness.

"Yes I do remember," Aro smiled in his almost sadistic way as he watched Amelia. The power that Amelia held excite him,

"Well," Amelia smirked at the witness who was trembling against the wall. She attempted to move against the vines but they held her secure. Amelia placed her hand right over where the heart of the witness lied in her chest, "It's nothing personal you're just," Amelia's hand pushed into the vampire. The brunette witness cried out as her hand ripped back out holding a heart. "Pathetic."

The brunette vampire cried against the wall, "What did you do? What did you do to her?" The vampire on the floor yelled,

"Now Aro, look at this. It doesn't beat but she's still alive. Well, in a sense," Amelia stood next to Aro and showed him, the heart was black and almost glowing. "I think where a human heart beats to show its life, a vampire's has a glow to it. It could also be why you sparkle in the sun rather than burn."

"Fascinating," Aro marveled at the glowing black heart.

"Please, I'm sorry." The brunette cried, "I'm sorry." Amelia sighed and shook her head.

"I don't take kindly to disrespect, you were warned. And now," Amelia squeezed her hand around the heart. The heart started to crumble in her hand, turning to ash. The brunette slumped over as the heart was nothing more than ash. Amelia looked over at Athenadora and let the ash fall from her hand.

"Let this be a warning," Amelia began to speak, her eyes locked on Athena's who shone with fear. Speaking indirectly to her, "that disrespect to the Volturi, to me, will not be tolerated." Amelia looked at the vampire on the floor. She approached the vampire who once called her pathetic now trembled in her presence. She swiftly reached in and plucked his heart from his chest. "Alec, be a dear and fetch me a box please," Alec left the room, not needing to be told twice by the queen.

"Now," Amelia gave a quick squeeze to his heart, almost as a warning, "Go. And make sure everyone knows what has happened here today." The vampire was gone in a flash. Amelia placed the heart in the box, "Take it to where Isabella's is being kept. Thanks dear," she smiled at Alec as if what just happened didn't happen. She turned to Aro,

"Now, I do believe we need to go over a new few things that we have found today. Yes?" Amelia didn't wait for an answer as she left the throne room into Aro's office leaving those in the throne room speechless.

-

I've never written a character in such an evil manner and I kinda love it.