15

"Well wasn't that exciting," Marcus chuckled following Amelia out of the room.

"Why the fuck was she there?" Amelia turned and crossed her arms over her chest. "Those two are never at trial because they have no use there!" Marcus sighed and sat down in one the chairs in the office. Aro had taken his seat in the office chair behind the desk as this was his office.

"Careful Amelia, one of them is my wife." Aro chided her,

"Sorry." Amelia threw her hands up, "You know what I mean!"

"That was Caius' call." Aro finally admitted.

"Why?" The blonde girl sighed,

"The bond falters." Marcus festered for her to sit.

"Theirs or," Amelia hesitated not wanting to know, "Our?" Marcus sighed,

"Yours and his." Amelia hung her head and sighed. "Is it fixable?"

"Do you want to fix it?" Something about the way Marcus asked her the question confused her.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is," Marcus sighed and ran a hand through his hair. His dark hair that fell at his chin in a mess of waves. Ruby eyes that always shone a bit brighter than Caius', even with the pain he felt from his late love. Amelia noted this. Amelia and Marcus had a stare down, "Nevermind." He grunted and stood.

"Wait, you can't just say it's faltering and leave!" Amelia stood from her chair, "Marcus!" When he disappeared out the door she turned to look at Aro.

"Don't look at me, I'm not involved in this." His shit-eating grin said otherwise. "Never the less, back to business."

-

Amelia's meeting with Aro was a complete bore. Just reviewing what happened in the throne room. Her silent threat to Caius and Athenadora, the vines, the ripping out hearts.

Amelia found herself, again, in the library. She stared at the empty chair where Marcus usually sat. She missed him sitting with her, even though most of the time they were just reading and not talking. But even still, talking with him was effortless. It wasn't like that wit Caius, it was mostly small talk, forced conversation or not much talking at all.

She really didn't know much about Caius, she hardly knew anything at all. Marcus she knew he likes to read, his personal preference was Ancient Greek literature you could only find in the Volturi library. When he was human his eyes were brown, the only thing he can remember from his time as a mortal. He was changed at 27 (this is the age I'm making him) and had been married to his mate Didyme. She even knew he preferred A positive blood because it was slightly sweeter than other blood types.

Amelia sat up in her chair straight realizing something. Immediately she made her ways through the halls and found herself outside of Caius' room. Without warning she walked right in like she normally did but stopped in the doorway as Caius and Athenadora jumped back from each other.

"Don't you know how to knock?" Caius shouted pulling the sheet up his torso. You can guess what she walked into.

"Last time I checked this was still my room too but, please don't let me fucking stop you." She grabbed the journal off the side table.

"Why would you assume so? Last time I checked this was the first time you talked to me in weeks!" Caius shouted back at her.

"And last time I checked we were suppose to be mated and she was just your wife. That she meant nothing!" She gestured to Athenadora trying to hide in the sheets away from the scene.

"You haven't talked to me! What else was I suppose to think?"

"Maybe that you should've fought a little bit harder for this. But now this," she motioned her hand between herself and Caius, "Will never happen. We probably weren't even mates." She chuckled humorlessly.

"We were!"

"That's right. 'Were'. Past tense. No longer. A guard member will come collect my things and move them to another room" She turned back around and made her way to the door once again. She slammed the door behind her and made her way down to the kitchen.

She made herself a bowl of chicken noodle soup, a comfort food for her which is something she needed right now. As she waiting for that to finish she flipped to the newly developed chapter entitled 'Mates'.

-

So I want to write an Alec story. Would you read it? Also I changed the face claim for Marcus because the story is developing in a different way than planned so the face change was needed.