(3) Asher

Beautifully edited by UltiDeduction

"Here." A maid said, throwing a tray onto the ground before walking out the room.

The door slammed shut behind her, the brass handles shaking at the impact.

He could hear the boisterous chatter from the dining room. Flinching, he inserted an ear plug into both of his ears.

Ah, that was much better.

The room was quiet and dark, the two things Asher loved the most.

He could feel his stomach grumble as he stared at the lone tray sitting on the floor a good five meters away from him.

He slowly rolled towards the tray, bending down to grab it after much difficulty. Overtime, he grew numb to the excessive strain the movement had on his back.

His meal consisted of a small dish of soup with mushrooms, cauliflower, and carrots. Of course, the dishes were already cold, as usual.

Asher was positive those were the leftovers of Elliott's dinner. His stepmother spoiled Elliott to the point that he might as well be the head of the family, if it weren't for the fact he wasn't of age yet.

Asher, on the other hand, was a by-product of an affair between his father and a mistress - something unwanted, just like the leftovers of Elliott's meal.

He slowly drank the soup, savoring the bitter taste of neglect.

He reached over to the handle of the closet door, which hung his uniform. After spending twenty minutes struggling to put on his top, he finally succeeded in putting it on.

He hung his backpack and keys onto the handle of his wheelchair and rolled towards the front door. His room was on the first floor situated near the maid's chambers. It used to be on the second floor, where Elliott's room was located. After the incident, his father simply reassigned him a room closer to the entrance of the mansion.

Asher gritted his teeth as he rolled down the stairs, trying his best to control the speed lest he injured himself.

He heaved a sigh in relief as he rolled towards the limo just by the entrance of the mansion. He managed to get into the car after a while, much to Elliott's annoyance. Asher didn't pay any mind to it and continued to fold his wheelchair. Unfortunately, the wheelchair stubbornly refused to fold, even after he exerted more power.

He clenched his teeth, feeling both the driver and Elliott's gaze on him.

"Help him and you're fired." Elliott said suddenly, "Between him and your kids, you know who you would choose."

The driver lowered his head and kept silent.

After seeing Asher struggle even more, Eliott yawned and signalled the driver to drive him to school.

Just as the driver started the car, Asher managed to fold the wheelchair in a nick of time. He shut the door and glowered at Elliott, a torrent of thoughts bubbling in his mind.

If only I wasn't like this, they would all pay, he thought.
~

Elliott had already entered the campus by the time Asher was done unfolding his wheelchair.