(5) idiotic girl

Beautifully Edited By UltiDeduction

As soon as the school day ended, I said goodbye to Asher.

He gave me the same look as the one he gave me at lunch - deadpan, but alit with the faintest bit of curiosity. By now, everyone is either going home, hanging out in pairs or gathering in large groups.

Oh, that's right, I don't know where my home is.

I looked through my backpack to find any forms of identification. It would be weird if I suddenly asked someone where I lived. Luckily, I found an ID card detailing my name and address.

Perfect.

As it turns out, my house is far from the school, so it took me about thirty minutes to walk to my destination.

When I looked up, I was greeted by a tall, towering black iron gate with golden swirls. It feels like they are judging me from above, gauging whether I am worthy of entry.

The original owner's family lived in a gated community.

The guard in front recognized me and let me in. I walked for a couple more minutes before arriving at the address.

I gasped at the size of my new home.

It's huge!

It was a beautifully decorated white and blue house with three floors. The long curved driveway had two cars parked up front and the bright green cut grass shone with a proud look.

Stood proudly in the center was a blue and white themed three-story house. The house was in flawless condition, not a single speck of dust to be seen. The grass lawn was neatly trimmed and shone a vibrant green. The air smelled of a pleasant mixture of fragrant roses and fresh paint. The two cars parked on the smooth stone pavement were possibly sparkling under the warm glow of the sun.

Ah jeez.

I walked up to the front door, trying to ignore my shaky legs. I rummaged through my bag for some keys, only to notice the door had a fingerprint lock.

A fingerprint lock!

As soon as I placed my thumb on the fingerprint reader, the door sprung open. Before I could take in the interior of the home, I was greeted by an ambush.

"Big sister, you're homeee!" A small child looked up at me with a bright smile.

I gaped at him, trying to make sense of what was happening. I felt the warmth of his embrace, a foreign sensation that I found soothing.

"H-Hello.." I said.

The little child only pouted and pulled my arm, dragging me along as I stumbled through a maze of corridors.

Finally, he stopped in front of a room and ushered me in. The room had a long wooden table covered with a light yellow tablecloth. Tucked into the table were ornate wooden chairs carved with swirl-like patterns, with velvet cushions sat comfortably on top.

Placed in the center were twin candelabras and a vase of fresh blush pink roses, along with three small shakers of salt, pepper and sugar.

Sitting by the table was a young woman. She sat with her legs crossed while sipping a cup of tea. Her amethyst eyes stared back at me thoughtfully as she set down her cup. Her golden blonde locks bobbed up and down as she pursed her lips.

Across from her was a handsome man with fair skin sporting light purple curtained hair. His icy blue eyes flitted over for one second before turning away.

"Rayne, what took you so long? Did you walk? You didn't take the car today. We were so worried." The woman said, biting her lips as she tapped her manicured nails against the hard, wooden surface.

There was a car waiting for me?

"S-Sorry, Mom?" I replied, at a loss of what I should say.

"Why do you sound so confused? Did you forget I was your mom?" She said with a laugh.

I chuckled along with her and sat next to the man, presumably my father, as the little boy sat next to the woman...my mom.

"So how was school?" My dad asked.

"Oh...good." I said as I darted my eyes around the room.

The awkward silence hung in the air before it was interrupted by a shrill voice.

"This is a surprise. Usually, you'll be ranting about your boyyyfrienndd." The little boy said tauntingly, sticking his tongue out.

I looked at him, bewildered. My boyfriend!? I have a boyfriend!?

"He's not her boyfriend...yet." My mom said with a wink.

My father nodded, "Yes, but thankfully we managed to arrange a marriage with the Jackson family."

Clink!

My mother asked, "Ray, what's wrong?"

I had dropped my fork.

I blinked twice, "Do you mean I'm marrying into the Jackson family? Am I marrying Asher?"

My father scrunched his eyebrows, "Of course not with him. With Elliott. Didn't you say you liked him?"

I widened my eyes in shock, I like who?

I tried to recall any details in the book that may hint at this arranged marriage. Surely, something as important as this wouldn't result in a casual mention.

Then a sentence popped up in my mind.

"Asher stared at the girl in disdain. Why would any girl fall for someone as despicable as his brother? But she did, that moronic girl. Was it not evident that Eliott liked Jessica, and not her?"

Could I be...that idiotic girl?

I'm not an extra? I'm the...second female lead?!

Curse me for only reading the parts with Asher in it!