(8) Dinner pt 1

Not edited! Thank you for reading! <3

Today was the day of the dinner, I was quite relaxed throughout the last couple of days. Still attempting to get a bit more closer to Asher.

That jerk Eliott hasn't talked to me either, I'm pretty sure he will reject the proposal. I mean, he is continuously flirting with Jessica every day.

I looked into the wide mirror, looking at the maid who was silently doing my hair. I was still not used to my family being rich and having maids do things for me, but I quickly got into the role. Not wanting to draw suspicions to myself.

'Will Asher be there?' I thought silently, in the novel I don't remember seeing a scene like that with him, so I doubt it.

After she was done, I saw my hair tied up in a half up half down, with a beautiful purple clip around the bun on top. I was wearing a simple, long grey dress, with tiny sparkles on the hem of the ends, and with long, flower-patterned lace sleeves.

I slowly slipped on some grey flats and headed down the stairs to see my parents on one side, and my brother crying pitifully on the other.

My parents decided not to bring him, much to his dissatisfaction.

After crying some more, my mom finally bribed him with a promise to take him to the carnival this weekend.

He soon got over it quickly, wishing me the best and running back up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes playfully, but in the end, followed my parents outside so we could arrive at Asher's house.

When we pulled into the parking lot, the house displayed before us screamed "I'm Rich, and you are poor," I almost was blinded by the sheen of the whole place. I thought my family was rich but, looking at this house I suddenly feel like we are average.

Their house was over triple the size of ours, with a bunch of cars stacked outside and I can't even guess how many in the garage.    

Before I had time to gawk anymore, my parents walking out of the car snapped me out of my daze. I hurriedly walked next to my dad up to the door, but suddenly had a sense of unease.

I'm going to meet, Asher's dad...

Although Asher's dad is scum on earth, he is still nonetheless his father, I suddenly feel like I'm having a marriage meeting.

Well, technically I am but, with Asher not with the other scum!

Before I could finish my thoughts the door was lightly pushed open by a maid.

She smiled and greeted us, "Hello, Master and Miss are just down the hall."

She guided us towards the dining area I had a hard time keeping my face composed, this whole house was ten times bigger on the inside than the outside made it seem!

When we arrived at the dining table, I instantly noticed Asher sitting on a chair across from Eliott.

Such a surprise! Not that I was disappointed, rather I was happy to see Asher here, when Eliott also disapproves of the proposal Asher won't get any misunderstandings.

I took my eyes away from Asher and greeted both of his parents along with mine, after, I quickly sat down next to Asher while my parents sat across from his parents.

Eliott was the one sitting alone.

I didn't feel anything about that though, he can handle an hour of sitting by himself, right?

I couldn't help but sneer at Eliott, remembering all the horrible things he did to my precious Asher in the novel.

Elliot looked at me in surprise, but I just jerked my stare away from him, looking towards my right to greet Asher with a smile.

"Hello"

I could tell Asher looked a bit shocked at my presence, but he just nodded and looked down. Not allowing me to see through his thoughts.

The dinner started off with appetizers and then went onto the main meal, throughout that time, no one mentioned anything about an engagement which almost caused me to forget about the whole purpose of coming here-

Until dessert happened.

"So, Eliott, what do you think about the engagement?"

I snapped my head to look at Asher's father, they just brought up the subject so suddenly!

I calmed down and sipped some water, no worries, Elliot will reject it anyway, there's no need to worry.

"I think it's a wonderful idea, should we have it sometime after our graduation."

I suddenly spit my water out in shock, coughing heavily as I looked at Eliott with confusion laced in my eyes.

What the *&%#@%*  &#*$!?