Chapter 187: The Seeker

Outlands, Serisis.

9:40 a.m. 16th Banem 1092.

A cold breeze blew past the cracked earth as a heavy chill descended on the plains. Three parties cautiously eyed each other, hesitant to engage one in fear of the last party taking the opportunity to launch a deadly attack.

The three parties consisted of Ragnaf, Rudega, and Durst in one party, Brilith Loneheart's gang in the other, and the final being the patrol team of about 50 soldiers led by Serisis' fiery princess, Chu Ling.

Considering Chu Ling's bombastic personality, there was no way she would wait for either party to respond. With a loud snort, she drew tugged on her bowstring as she approached Brilith and Ragnaf. "I asked for your name," Chu Ling chided as she glared at GrizzlyDiamond. However, she shook her head before he could even respond and asked, "Which of you caused those earthquakes?"

"Earthquake?" Brilith murmured with a frown. No one in her party could cause an earthquake (directly). Plus, she hadn't felt any tremors, so that meant it had occurred far outside her range of detection. If she thought of the people present, the only one capable of such a feat...

"It was you, wasn't it," Brilith said as she glanced at Rudega. Everyone followed her gaze to the weak-looking dwarf, disbelief in their ears.

"A small trick," Rudega replied with a tight smile as he glanced at the woman who led the troops. Just from a glance, he could tell she was plenty strong. However, whether she was strong enough to handle these monsters called Summoned, he had no idea.

However, Rudega had gambled all his mana to produce small earthquakes nearby and ensured they grew weaker towards their position in the hopes that someone perceptive would follow and seek out the source. All he could do now was wait and see if his gamble would pay off.

Rudega brushed himself off and walked in front of Ragnaf. He bowed to Chu Ling, who maintained an equal distance of about ten meters between both parties, forming a strange triangle. "Esteemed miss, my name is Rudega Farvulia, of the dwarven Farvulia household. My companions and I are refugees from a scheme to start a war in Daggerfall. We wish to seek asylum in Serisis temporarily. Is it possible to have our wishes related to the King?"

Chu Ling frowned and looked at Durst, who still lay on the ground. "What's wrong with him?"

"He has been poisoned," Rudega stated.

"Poisoned?" Chu Ling repeated in disbelief. "Even an orc can be poisoned?" She said, looking at Ragnaf. Her shock was justified. Orcs were notorious for their tough physiques, which could not only heal from basically any non-life-threatening injury, but were also highly resistant to most poisons and disease ailments.

"I don't know how," Ragnaf responded to Chu Ling's questioning gaze. "I've never seen an orc fall to poison."

"It should be a special poison crafted by the wisben," Rudega explained as he looked at Brilith. "He's been in a coma for several hours now. He is in desperate need of a healer."

Chu Ling nodded and then turned to examine Brilith's party. "Seem's you're the ones responsible for this? Identify yourselves. I don't recall the presence of such powerful Summoned in our country. What's your purpose?"

"This damned..." GrizzlyDiamond spat in rage as he brandished his sword, causing the soldiers around Chu Ling to draw theirs similarly. "Even though you're just a bunch of one's and zeroes... You're all acting too cocky..."

"One's and zeroes," Chu Ling muttered as she handed the bow to one of the accompanying soldiers and dismounted. She pulled out a dazzling red sword from the saddle and frowned as she pointed it at GrizzlyDiamond. "I do not know why, but those words offend me. I've changed my mind. You can tell me who you are after I beat you all into submission."