Chapter 105: Kashi's Wish (Definitely an Artifact!)

???

10th Muriel, 1093.

It had been a few hours since Kashi began drawing on the first canvass, but he was only nearing completion. His hands flew across the canvass at blinding speed, pencils giving form to his desires. He allowed his imagination to drift, buoyed Lunette's calming piano tunes.

Kira lay on the piano in her puppy form, absorbed in a soothing nap. Usually, by this point, Kashi would have been wholly consumed by his work and forgotten to eat or sleep.

Ayumi once called Suzuki an obsessive demon for that behavior.

However, this time, for some reason, even though Kashi performed just as well as he did when 'obsessed,' he did not lose himself. He briefly glanced at Lunette, who was absorbed in the song.

As if sensing Kashi's gaze, Lunette smiled, though she didn't open her eyes. Gazing at her, Kashi suddenly recalled something and paused his work.

Lunette opened her eyes, brows raised in question. "Have you finished already?"

Kashi shook his head with a wry smile. "The skeleton's almost done. This is the hardest part. Once I finish, it should be smooth sailing from there."

"Oh?" Lunette faintly smiled. "Will you tell me what you're drawing?"

"Nope," Kashi refused. "Consider it a surprise."

"Stingy."

Kashi chuckled as he took out Froy's earring from his inventory. "Speaking of surprises..." He tossed the earring at her, which she caught with a slight frown. "See if that does anything for you. I couldn't identify it."

Lunette glanced at the earring, then glared at Kashi with puffed cheeks. "Muu," she complained. "You could have given this to me in a more romantic way, you know?"

Kashi nervously laughed as he scratched his cheeks. "I-I'll keep that in mind."

Lunette could not help but burst out in laughter at the way Kashi fidgeted and glanced in every direction that wasn't her. "Pfft. Look at you so embarrassed." Her lips curled in a radiant smile as she said, "Kashi's first gift. I'll treasure it." And for the hell of it, she added, "Besides, we have plenty of time to mold you into the perfect boyfriend." She cocked her head to the side, and cutely tapped her cheeks. "I'll have to make you fall for me first, though."

'Please don't mold me into anything!' Kashi begged. But against this forthright girl, he for once could not find the words to say. "Th-That... Do you not get embarrassed."

"Haaa!?" Lunette stared at Kashi, eyes wide with disbelief. "Have you ever heard of a girl that confesses to her crush without being embarrassed?" She shook her head with self-pity. "It's that you know... that. The guy I fell for falls into the ultra-dense category. If I'm not proactive, who knows how many seasons will pass before we reach the hand-holding stage. Then we'll have to wait till the final episode before you fall for me—"

"Uh... Lunette, you're beginning to make no sense." Kashi called the girl from her tirade of self-pity. "More importantly, check that earring. I think it'll suit you."

'More importantly, he says.' Lunette grumbled inwardly, and her eyes flashed with hidden determination. 'Watch how I fix you when you fall for me! Hmph Hmph!'

Frankly, the songstress was not bothered about the earring. It didn't matter if it was a legendary item or a piece of crap junk item. She would wear it either way. After all, it was a gift from Kashi. Who knew when next he would give her something like this? But she could see the eagerness in his gaze, so she identified it.