Chapter 3-

Chapter 3-

My head snapped back to hear the source of the voice and my whole body instantly started vibrating with chills. My skin flushed and a strong unknown emotion washed over me. I started to feel warm all over and a tingling sensation blossomed in my stomach.

What the hell is happening to me?

As soon as I met midnight blue eyes, my whole being froze- literally. I had no idea why but I was transfixed by those eyes. So many emotions went through me but I couldn't even decipher what they meant. Right now, all I could see were those eyes who were helding me captive against my own will.

"Ughreg," a grunt was heard right below me.

The blue mysterious eyes immediately broke off the spell by glancing at the bloody boy. I slowly blinked before registering my surroundings. Oh my god! What the hell happened?! I can't believe I just openly stared at some guy!

Shaking my head in disbelief, I straightened myself up and turned to Leroy sprawled on the floor.

"Here," I stuck out my hand reluctantly. His eyes widened in horror and he withdrew even further. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed one of his hands and pulled him up effortlessly.

I then released his hand as quickly as I had taken it and turned around. My time was up, it was next to three a.m in the morning and I had to go to the grocery to buy Mia some breakfast.

"Wait! I recognize u!"

I whirled around and saw one of the bad boys pointing at me with an accusing finger. What did he mean by he recognized me?!

"You're from Riverhigh school like us right?" He whispered but I had heard perfectly well. I clenched my fists and vigorously shook my head.

"No-"

"Yes! I saw you once with that hood! I knew you were familiar!" He gasped, interrupting me. Panick rose into me as I shook my head again. No, no, no, no!

By now all the other boys were looking at me- especially Leroy who was scrutinizing me while holding his bloody nose. My mind racing at a hundred miles per hour, I spun around, grabbed my gained money from the announcer and leapt out of the ring.

"Hey!" The guy screamed but I had already disappeared in the crowd of people. I twisted myself back to the bouncer and with just one glare, the door had already opened. I burst out into the fresh night air and ran to my bike.

And just like that, I hopped on my bike and rode off away from those Bad boys who could easily blow off my cover.

¶¶¶¶¶:

"6 dollars," the gruff man said. I stuffed through my well earned money. I slapped a ten dollar bill on the counter and received change before grabbing the stuff and walking out of the grocery shop.

I then attached the plastic bags to my bike before driving back to the only place I could call home. By the time I was walking up the apartment stairs, the sun was already peeking out from behind the clouds.

Yawning, I unlocked the doors to come face to face with a little girl.

"Mia!" I yelled in surprise, "What are you doing awake at a time like this?"

"I woke up because I was thirsty but I didn't see you so I waited," she fidgeted with her fingers. Regret filled my veins as I locked the doors before cradling her into my arms. I deposited all the stuff on the counter before hugging her tightly.