Chapter 14

Why would he be furious? I frowned before shaking my head. Why did I even care? I turned my attention to the teacher who was writing on the board. Seriously, Blake had to stop staring- I mean glaring. 

I felt a slight nudge in my ribs and turned to see Brian frowning.

"What?" I whispered.

"Am I dreaming or is that guy glaring at us?" Brian pointedly turned his eyes towards Blake before looking back at me. If it was even possible, Blake glared harder. That guy had major issues.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about anything. He's just an ass who likes glaring at people for no reason," I said.

"Yeah well he sure knows how to glare. If looks could kill..." Brian grimaced at the thought.

"Yup, we would be dead by now," I rolled my eyes.

"You know that he's the leader of the Bad Boys,"

"Yes,"

"And that he might kill us if he knew that we were talking about him," Brian said while glancing back at him.

"Nah, he's harmless. Don't get fooled by his looks," I stated. Am I dreaming or did Blake's eye twitch in anger? No, he couldn't have heard since we were completely at the back while he was near the front.

At that precise moment, the bell rang. Well, the saying: 'Saved by the bell' really applied here. I shoved my stuff in my bag and stood up along with Brian. Blake had already disappeared- thank god.

"Hey, do you wanna sit with me and my friends during lunch?" Brian asked as we strolled out of the class and made way for the cafeteria.

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged and pushed the cafeteria doors. Laughter, chatter and the clanking of cutlery against the metallic trays resounded. We made our way to the people who were lining up for food. Today the menu was rice, meatballs and lettuce with a ginger beer and apple crumble. When it was my turn to pay, I dug in my pockets and pulled out two dollars.

"Look, my table's there," Brian nodded. I glanced up as we made way to his table to the far end of the cafeteria. There were already three people sitting.

"Hey guys, I want you to meet Hayley," Brian sat down and all three heads turned towards me.

"Hello! I'm Stacy Hayes, sister of the dork sitting by you," A blonde girl with red highlights and hazel eyes smiled.

"I'm not a dork," Brian scowled.

"Yeah you're not a dork, Brian- you're a nerd. I'm Dany Ford by the way, nice to meet you Hayley," A dirty blonde hair guy with blue eyes nodded- he had a total surfer-dude look.

"Hey! I'm Miley Cyrus," A brown haired girl with grey eyes grinned.

"You're what?" I blinked.

"She's just fooling around with your head," Dany rolled his eyes.

"I figured," I laughed.

"Her name's actually Beverly," Stacy giggled.

"You guys suck! I was really gonna make her think I was Miley Cyrus," Beverly pouted.

"Nah," Stacy, Dany and Brian all said at that same time. Beverly opened her mouth to retort but then snapped it back shut. Her eyes had gone wide and she was staring at something above my head. Everyone had frozen and they all had their eyes fixed behind me. I glanced down at the table and saw the looming shadow...right above my head.

"Great, I'm gonna guess that someone's behind me," I muttered.

"And boy you're right," A velvety voice said, sending my whole body in shivers.