Chapter 9

Someone is staring at me.

That was the first thing I sensed as I started to drift away from my sleep. There was a small scraping sound of a chair and that made me instantly wide awake. I made as if I was sleeping so as not to alert the person in the room.

I had to be discreet but I couldn't move or do anything since I could still feel the stare boring into my soul.

The cold metal feeling of my trusty knife against my skin was safely tucked away into my socks. I prepared myself for action.

5...4...3...2...and...1!

I sprang up from my bed, snatched the knife out of my socks and threw the dagger forward. The person sitting in the chair let out a yelp and scrambled out of the chair.

"What the hell?!"

The voice registered itself in my head and I realised that it was Blake. What the fuck was he doing in my room?!

Blake was holding his bloody ear but he didn't seem like he was in pain- in fact, he looked furious.

"Why are you in my room?" I glared.

"Why are you in my house?" He shot back.

"Well, it wasn't exactly my choice to begin with. If I recall, you were the one who told Chris to bring me here," I sneered. He opened his mouth and closed it back again before giving his back to me. Yeah, go see your momma. I internally snickered.

But when he put his hand on the doorknob, I noticed something.

"Wait." I ordered and blinked furiously.

He whirled around and snapped, "Do not order me about!"

I ignored that comment and took a few steps forward to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. I glanced at the floor where there were some dried drops of blood then back at his now unharmed ear. I wasn't dreaming.

My face went pale as I frantically drifted my gaze back to the floor then to his ear. I repeated that so many times that I lost count. My eyes had gone wide in shock.

"What?" Blake frowned in confusion making my eyes drift to his.

"Your- your ear," I gasped in disbelief. His hand flew to his ear and his frown deepened in confusion.

"Yeah?" He questioned.

"Just- just minutes ago it was badly bleeding! And now- now- it's healed..." I took a step back.

Blake's mouth set into a firm thin line and his face went blank. Wasn't he going to explain how his fudging ear had healed in a matter of minutes? I could have sworn I had cut his ear! My eyes drifted to the dagger now stuck into the chair he had been sitting in. There were stains of blood all both on the chair and on my knife.

Then my eyes brought me back to his ear. It was perfect, no scratch, no blood, no stain, no rip, no change, nothing. That was just inhuman. First the amazing hearing skills that everyone in his family and friends seemed to have then this amazing healing reaction!

There was something he was hiding and I wanted to find it out. I was pulled out of my reverie when I heard a small groan from the bed. I turned and saw Mia rub her eyes. She finally looked up and her eyes popped out of her sockets when she saw the painting of the sky.

"I'm dreaming..." she whispered. I couldn't help but let out a little hurtless snicker. Her head snapped to me and her eyes widened.

"Pig! You're in my dream!" She grinned making me completely forget about Blake. I decided to play a bit with her childish mind and pretend that yes I was in her dream.

"Yes, I hope you're not bothered," I replied in a posh voice.

"Not at all! This is amazing!" She grinned before muttering, "It's been such a long time since I've had a good dream,"

My smile fell. She's been having nightmares? Why didn't she tell me about them?

"What do you mean?" I asked while pretending to smile. Her eyes went downcast and she frowned. I hated it when she frowned. It made me frown too.

"I don't know why I always usually have the same dream. There's dad, mum and you all around the table and you're all laughing and then my dream goes blurry and fastforwards and I see you crying in a cemetery while kneeling down in front of two tombs-"

"Stop." I robotically said, successfully cutting her off. Her eyes, full of hurt, turned to me. But right now, I couldn't comfort her.

"But Pig, I really saw you crying-"

"-I don't cry," I snapped.

'Stop crying you pathetic b*tch! Crying makes you look f*cking weak but I guess you are weak so that explains,' she spat at my face. 'You're crying over nothing- you're not even suffering as much as I am so I'm going to teach you what it is to suffer,' she snickered and pulled at my hair. I let out a shriek as she slapped my cheeks hard.

'Stop please...I'll stop crying," I croaked. "Well we'll see with that after I'm done with you,' she seethed and flung me against the wall. I heard a sickening crack before blacking out.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tightened my hands into fists. My knuckles were deathly white and by lips were drawing blood since I had bitten hard on it.

"Stop, stop hurting yourself,"

My head snapped to Blake. I had completely fucking forgotten that he was still there.

"What the hell are you still doing here?" I snapped. Who was he to stay here like it was his business? This was private! He blinked at my tone before his blue eyes hardened.

"Well, sorry, I was just telling you to stop hurting yourself but apparently, you don't even care. Thanks for telling me that it wasn't my job to care," he glared and slammed the door behind him before I could call out for him. I closed my mouth and sighed. I would talk to him later. I was not that mean either...he had just been trying to help...

"I'm sorry Mia, I didn't mean to say that," I casted my eyes down in shame. I can't believe I hurt her so much. She was going through things that no ten year old should be going through.

"It's alright, Pig," she gave me a slight smile.

"I love you, Mia," I hugged her tightly and felt her little arms tighten around me.

"I love you too....now tell me if this is really a dream or not because I have a feeling it isn't...." She started to giggle just when there was a knock on the door.

Chris's head popped into and he chirped, "You've got five minutes until dinner time!"

"Yeah ok, I'll be out in five, I just have to update Mia," I rolled my eyes and put her down onto the ground. "Ok little one, it all started a few hours ago when..."

==================================

Dear Earthlings,

I AM SO SORRY!!!! FOR THE LATE UPDATE AND HOW HORRIBLE THIS CHAP IS! Really, I just had a small writer's block and.....I'm REALLY SORRY! e.e

Forgive me please, dear earthlings. I love you and ive missed you :3

-The end for now