Chapter 7

Please read this:

I would like to thank EVERY single one of you for reading my book. I can't tell you how happy I feel at the comments and votes and READS. EVERYTHING :-) Just...you guys made my day.

OKAYYYYY this is getting too sappy. ON WITH THE STORY:

==================================================

Chapter 7 (Back to Hayley's POV)

This can't be possible. What did I just do?

I leant against my closed door, breathing harshly. All my thoughts were in a turmoil. I couldn't take my words back now. I couldn't back out.

What do they want from me? I have nothing except my sister that matters to me. So why were they so obstinated with me? How did they even find me?

It didn't make any sense. Nothing made sense right now. What do I do? What would my father do if he were in my place?

He would stand up and face everything that life threw at him.

I had to make my father proud.

Gripping the door handle, I pushed myself off the ground and dusted my jeans. Get a grip Hayley, you know you're a fighter and that fighters don't succomb themselves to a bunch of highschool boys.

Wait...I have to fight right? I don't need to listen to them...

My lips turned up into a small but sly smile. In less than a minute, I had already formed a plan and it was genius. I ran up to my room where my sister was sleeping. I took out my school bag and threw everything I could see inside. I opened my wardrobe and pushed away a ragged cloth to uncover a small cash box where all my savings were kept and stuffed that too in my bag. Glancing one last time around the room, my eye caught a small object peeking under a dirty cloth. My fingers reached for it and brushed the dust off to reveal a grinning woman with wide blue eyes. One of her arms was linked with a tall muscular man with blue eyes too whereas her other arm was cradling a baby.

At their feet was a girl who looked about seven years old. She had jet black hair like the father and the eyes of the mother. The family looked so happy and united...so lively. I clenched my eyes shut and threw the picture in my bag without a second glance.

Finally, I turned to Mia and picked her limp body in my arms and walked to our bathroom. Climbing up the toilet seat, I released one hand to help me through the window. The cool night air surrounded me as I climbed down the ivy before leaping onto the ground. Sighing in relief, I was about to turn around when a voice pierced the night air.

"What are you doing?"

I slowly turned around to stare at a pair of midnight blue eyes. Blake looked...livid. I gulped and did my best to not back away or cringe at his look.

"I-I- I was running away," I managed to say while tightening my hold on Mia. Blake started trembling and fisting his hands.

"Alph- I mean Blake?" Chris suddenly appeared but stopped what he was going to say when he saw me...weird. Blake closed his eyes and opened them back again- wait, I swear his eyes were black a few seconds ago! I gave them a confused look but then shrugged it off. Must have been my imagination.

"What is Lun- Hayley doing here?" Chris quickly asked making me shoot him a suspicious glance.

"Running away," Blake said and in a second he was breathing fire. Definitely short-tempered.