Timeline?

3rd Person POV

Black. 

A pure black abyss seemed to swallow Naruto as he felt himself float around. 

It was soothing, to say the least. After being at war for what felt like an eternity, to have a moment of peace seemed to put Naruto at ease.

"Did it work, Kurama?" Naruto asked in a low tone.

"I don't know, kit... I was only ever told how to perform the jutsu, not how it worked." Kurama responded in the same manner due to fatigue. 

In the last moments of the other Bijuu giving Kurama their chakra, they seemed to fall into a deep stasis mode. In their place, one could see what seemed to be eggs. It was bizarre to see them in such a state after learning their origin. 

"And what happened to everyone?" Naruto asked, looking at the eggs.

"They used all of their chakra. In a sense, they died." Kurama lamented for a moment, along with Naruto.

"However, it seems that because I performed the technique, their chakra couldn't find a place to travel to, to reform. When the time is right, they will hatch. Will they have their memories? I am not sure. But they are all starting anew as well." Kurama said with a slight smile, something seemingly contagious as Naruto couldn't help but smile too.

"And you will have my blessing to start anew." came a melodious voice from behind them.

Turning, looking for the source of the voice, they found nothing.

"Who is there?!" Naruto asked

"I am the keeper of time. My only reason to exist is to keep the flow of time stable. As such, when such attempts of messing with time arise, I am the only line of defense to it. At the moment, I would be tasked with vanishing your existence." The voice kept speaking, inciting shocked and slightly mortified expressions from the tag-team. 

"That is, if there weren't any loopholes to it." The voice continued.

"What do you mean?" Naruto asked.

"Unfortunately, I am unable to grant your "request" to travel back in time." the voice dropped the bombshell.

"T-then does that mean-" Naruto was cut off.

"I am not allowed to simply let you travel in time, however, nothing stops me from detouring the dimensions you're going to. That is the best option I am able to provide you." The voice ended, causing Naruto's and Kurama's eyes to widen.

"What would that mean?" Naruto asked.

"Your chances to save the world could very well not be needed, or you could be the center of everything. There is no way to know in what dimension you would find yourself in. One thing for sure is, not everything will be the same from your dimension. The one you know as Obito Uchiha established the instability in your dimension, with the mere existence of his abilities. In essence, what happened in your dimension, was, by no means, meant to happen." The voice carried on.

"B-but, how is that possible?! What does this mean?!" Naruto asked in despair.

"Unfortunately, I am unable to say more. The time to make your decision has come, otherwise, if you run out of time, your existence will vanish from any and all dimensions and timelines you exist in." the voice faded towards the end.

"Guess it is time, kit. While it is a gamble to go forward, not knowing anything about where we're going, there is really, quite literally, nothing else we can do." came Kurama's voice, knowing his input wasn't needed, as Naruto's mind was made up.