To Change or Not to Change

3rd Person POV

*3 days after meeting*

At the moment, we find our hero borderline fighting for his life.

One thing Naruto was certain about now, was that Hiruzen had done a superb job in training the Densetsu no Sannin.

The man was aggressive in his teaching methods, and they were efficient, to say the least.

"Alright! Let's take a break, Naruto-kun." Hiruzen announced as both of them sat down to cool down.

"You're a slave driver, you know that, sensei?" Naruto whined as he flopped onto the floor.

"Jiraiya and Tsunade have told me multiple times, Naruto-kun, so I already had a suspicion." Hiruzen answered with his eyes closed.

"I must say, Naruto-kun..." Hiruzen began.

"Your stamina is incredible. Training with you brings me back memories from the times I trained with Hashirama-sensei and Tobirama-sensei. Both had endless energy and power, which is why they were regarded as the strongest shinobi of their era." Hiruzen spoke.

"Your energy is also similar to that of both of them. Your charisma I have only seen in Hashirama-sensei and your ability to come up with new technique variants reminds me of Tobirama-sensei. It seems you really have something precious within you." Hiruzen ended as he looked at Naruto with pride. Naruto simply blushed at the praise.

"Well, I kind of can see what you mean. I did fight alongside them after all. Their power, along with yours and father's were the sole reason we were able to turn the tide of the battle to our side." Naruto spoke, remembering that dreaded war.

"Well, this time things will be different. This time, you have more than enough time to prepare for anything." Hiruzen spoke as he stood, inciting Naruto to do the same.

"And with your training, I know I will be ready for anything that comes my way." Naruto smiled at Hiruzen, who reciprocated the smile.

"Well, we're done for today, Naruto-kun. From the reports I have been receiving, both Jiraiya and Tsunade will be coming to the village today. It seems they heard the news of another Namikaze joining the village, and an Uzumaki no less. I'm sure they will interrogate you to make sure you're not a threat to the village or Minato or Kushina." Hiruzen informed Naruto who simply nodded, planning some way to recover the Game Contract, otherwise, he would have no excuse for using Sennin Mode.

"Hai, Sensei!" Naruto announced as his body was hidden by a cold haze, and proceeded to disappear, revealing Naruto was no longer there. 

"That boy's ability to come up with new techniques never seizes to amaze me..." Hiruzen mumbled with a chuckle as he disappeared in a small explosion of smoke and leaves.

*with Naruto*

"Teuchi-san! Get me the usual, please!" Naruto announced as he walked into the Ichiraku Ramen Stand.

"Ahh! Naruto-kun! Coming right up!" came the voice from Teuchi behind the counter.

"Naru-nii-chan!" came a small voice from behind the counter.

"Ayame-chan! How are you?" Naruto asked as the little girl jumped onto his lap.

"I'm okay! Otou-chan is letting me see how he cooks!" Ayame announced excitedly.

"That's great! Are you learning a lot?" Naruto asked the little girl.

"Hai!" Ayame said before jumping off Naruto's lap and heading back into the kitchen.

"I must say, Naruto-kun. This is the fastest Ayame has warmed up to anyone." Teuchi said from the kitchen.

"Well, I've been told I have a gift when interacting with children. Since I had a less than ideal childhood, I try to brighten up kids days whenever I can." Naruto said with a small smile, which Teuchi mimicked.