Who is Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto?

3rd Person POV

"Im sorry... what?" 

Was all Naruto was able to mutter.

Naruto had no idea what to expect in this dimension, but he for sure did not expect Hiruzen Sarutobi to basically hand the position to him.

"That is what I would like to tell you, but that would be wishful thinking." Hiruzen ended, causing Naruto to unconsciously release a sigh a relief.

"Jii-san, please don't do that again. I felt like I was going to faint..." Naruto complained, causing Hiruzen's eyebrow to rise.

"Didn't you say you wanted to become Hokage?" Hiruzen inquired.

"I do. I was very close to becoming Hokage in my dimension. If the war hadn't happened, I would have been trained to take the position by Baa-chan." Naruto said, causing Hiruzen to cringe at the thought of Tsunade as Hokage once more.

"The thing is, I'm not ready. At least, not yet. Not with my current state at least. Also, I know the village won't be happy to have someone they don't know as Hokage. They could revolt." Naruto stated as a matter of fact.

"You would be correct. However, nothing you say will change my mind about you becoming the Yondaime. Your power is incredible, you could very well scare the Shinobi World into peace. Also, you're young. That would bring a much needed stability for the village. As for training..." Hiruzen trailed as he looked at Naruto with a serious expression, causing Naruto to mirror it.

"Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto, from this day forward, you're my last student." Hiruzen dropped the bomb on Naruto, causing Naruto's eyes to widen.

"A-are you sure, Jii-san? As Hokage, the village expects you to remain in your office in case of anything." Naruto asked, unsure of how to feel.

"I am sure, Naruto-kun. You came to this dimension for a reason, my boy. My three students are not who I envisioned them to be. Jiraiya is a pervert, Orochimaru is straying from the light as time goes by, and Tsunade won't even step into the village her grandfather built and died for. This may sound selfish, Naruto-kun, but I wish to have a student, one single student who I could pass all of my knowledge to, not just my ideals." Hiruzen finished while looking outside the window, causing Naruto to frown in thought.

In a sense, Naruto could see where Hiruzen was coming from. He never acknowledged it, but Konohamaru had become his apprentice. Naruto felt the need to teach and nurture Konohamaru, which is why Naruto felt compelled to teach him the Rasengan in his dimension. Konohamaru had become Naruto's only student.

"I see. Well, Hiruzen-sensei, I accept and would be honored to become your apprentice. I won't let you down!" Naruto said as he bowed, not seeing Hiruzen's eyes water in emotional happiness. 

Something Naruto exuded in excess, was hope. And he could now see why everyone in his dimension trusted him. There was something that screamed authority from Naruto. He knew he made the correct choice.

"Thank you, Naruto-kun. As soon as you're released, we will begin your training." Hiruzen said as he headed for the door.

"Arigatou, Hiruzen-sensei." 

And with that, he walked out.

*3 Months Later*

Thinking back on when he agreed to become Hiruzen's student, Naruto felt regret.

But not in a bad way... or so he forces himself to think.

Hiruzen-sensei was a slave driver! He had Naruto use Kage Bunshin to learn and study about anything and everything in the Shinobi World, from the Warring Clans Era to Modern History. He was not going to lie, in three months he learnt more than in three years with Jiraiya-sensei in his dimension. He learnt from the origins of the current clans and villages, as well as anatomy and much more.