I'm sorry... what?

3rd Person POV

Once Hiruzen came back from Icha Icha Land, he seemed to ponder in thought as Naruto sat there, meditating.

It was the first time he had seen anyone stay absolutely still. If he weren't able to hear his breathing, Hiruzen would think Naruto died right then and there. Now, however, he knew better than to consider any logical explanation when it came to Naruto. It seemed Konoha's and the Shinobi World's stability was finally at arms reach with his presence.

"Well, Naruto-kun. First and foremost, we must come up with a story for you. And it must be perfect. No flaws, no holes. Your appearance is a blatant mix of Minato and Kushina, so you will definitely raise some eyebrows. The most effective story I can think, is having you be either Kushina's or Minato's younger brother, who, only recently, was found. Now, we just need details." Hiruzen began.

"That won't be a problem, Jii-san. I actually think I have the perfect cover story, while not having to cover too much. I am a descendent of an Uzumaki and Namikaze, alright, so we can use that to our advantage. I am Minato Namikaze's younger brother, only known after matching my DNA with his. We will have to forge those documents, but I'm sure you can get the Head Medic to cooperate with you. My father met an Uzumaki in passing, had a wild night, and left soon after, thus I was born into the Uzumaki Clan. My mother was killed when I was 3, leaving me orphaned. Since the Uzumaki Clan is almost extinct, there is no way to fight this theory, for there is no way to find another Uzumaki, except for Kushina, which would have no point since she would "most probably" not know who my mother was. A coincidence that I look like Minato and Kushina? Well, we have family ties, so I can serve as a connection to both of their families, Minato's a little more. I won't lie, Jii-san. I don't want to have to hide from either of them. The first time around, they were ripped from me. This time, I want to enjoy a connection with them." Naruto finished, looking past Sarutobi into the night once more.

Hiruzen, for his part, couldn't help but feel helpless while looking at the boy, only fueling his drive to help this young man before him. And help him he will.

"Sounds good, my boy. I will have all of the documents ready by morning. You make sure to rest now." Hiruzen said as he stood to leave, only stopping before the door as Naruto looked at him in wonder.

"Know this, Naruto-kun. I will do everything in my power to make sure you get to enjoy as much of this world as possible. You won't have to bare the weight of the world yourself anymore." and with that, Hiruzen left, leaving a teary eyed Naruto.

"Thank you, jiji." Naruto whispered, using Hiruzen's nickname from when he was a kid.

~Next Morning~

The first thing Naruto noticed when he opened his eyes, was that dawn had come. 

With a sigh, Naruto sat up in his bed, looking out the window.

Something Naruto had gotten accustomed to doing in times of war. Needing to rest so few hours while trying to reach the battlefront had left him nearly drained towards the end of the war. Despite being helped by Kurama's chakra, nothing could ever replace sleep. Because of that, his body was forced to get used to sleeping few hours, while working in overdrive overnight to replenish Naruto's strength.

'You'll be able to fix those issues soon, Naruto. For now, remember we have to keep in mind that Zetsu could be watching our moves if we're not careful.' came Kurama's voice in his head.

'That would be the case, if I had not forcefully taken some of its chakra to force nature chakra in him before we travelled. Now I am able to recognize if he's close, which will make our mission so much easier. With your help and the other Bijuu, I know we will be able to bring peace to this dimension at least.' Naruto responded

"I see you're awake." came a voice that interrupted Naruto's conversation with Kurama.

"Jii-san, ohayo." Naruto smiled at Hiruzen, inciting Hiruzen's lips to automatically curve upwards.

"Ohayo, Naruto-kun. I bring the document so you can see it before we head to the Council Meeting." Hiruzen stated as he handed Naruto a folder.

Skimming through it, Naruto approved its contents by handing them back to Hiruzen and nodding. 

"Now." Hiruzen began.

"We must discuss your rank before I provide the suggestion in the meeting." Hiruzen said.

"What did you have in mind?" Naruto asked as his head tilted unconsciously.

"Well, knowing you, and the story you told me, you're powerful. Quite possibly the strongest ninja in the world at the moment. If anything breaks out, we will be having you as our face. Naruto..." Hiruzen began, causing Naruto's stomach to drop.

"Y-yes?"

"I want you to become the Fourth Hokage." Hiruzen responded while looking at him dead in his eyes.

"I'm sorry... what?"

White Tempest: a Naruto FanFictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara