It Begins

3rd Person POV

"You know, Naruto-kun, I don't know how Kakashi-kun will react to you taking him from his compound." Hiruzen sweat dropped as he stamped his approval to Kakashi's adoption papers.

"I know how he'll react, sensei, and I know it won't be nice." Naruto stated with a sweat drop as well.

It had been 2 months since Naruto had that meeting with the Ogama Sennin and things were a little hectic. Naruto had begun to contact Kakashi and Kakashi had shown nothing but disapproval at Naruto's attention. 

"He might not like it, but I know he needs someone to be there for him. Being alone will only damage his mental stability on the long run. That is why my sensei had no concept of decency in my dimension." Naruto sweat dropped a little, remembering Kakashi's little orange book that most of the human species males were so fond of.

"I can see what you mean, Naruto-kun... So, what do you plan to do? Kakashi-kun is adamant about you not getting close to him believing you to be a... what was it again? A creep?" Hiruzen chuckled a little at the end while being on the receiving end of a glare courtesy of Naruto.

"Laugh all you want, sensei. But I need to get through Kakashi as soon as possible. I don't want him to deal with those painful memories of his father alone." Naruto muttered, looking at the floor as he did.

One of the things that Naruto had learned to appreciate, was the company of his parents. When he met them in his mindscape, he had felt more complete. Being able to have some sort of closure brought a certain sense of achievement that training didn't. Having someone to look up to and confide in can make a big difference in the lifestyle one lives. 

As such, he definitely wanted Kakashi to have that too.

"Okay, Naruto-kun. What will you do? Kakashi is a very stubborn child and won't allow you to get too close to him... Sakumo-kun struggled too and he was the boy's father." Hiruzen sweat dropped in remembrance of Kakashi's 5th birthday and the reaction Kakashi had to Sakumo's gift to him: the Hakko Chakura To. 

It was... lackluster to say the least.

"The thing is, if this Kakashi is anything like the one I knew, he is extremely strubborn... most probably more stubborn than I was before coming here..." Naruto sweat dropped with a goofy grin as he remembered himself in the previous dimension.

"Be that as it may, Naruto-kun. It won't be easy, but, as you say, it is something that must be done." Hiruzen told Naruto as he prepared his pipe to smoke.

"You know, sensei, if you stopped smoking, it would increase your life expectancy by some years at least..." Naruto scolded Hiruzen who looked at Naruto with a serious expression.

"Naruto-kun, smoking is the only thing that keeps me sane while being Hokage..." Hiruzen said.

'That and the signed limited edition Icha Icha that Jiraiya gave me as a birthday gift.' he thought inwardly as he giggled a little perversely in his mind.

"Fine, but be careful with those embers!" Naruto announced as an icy haze surrounded him and he disappeared with a cold gust, blowing Hiruzen's paper work around the room... along with some embers from the pipe... some of which landed on some of the papers...

"NARUTOOOOOO!" could be heard throughout the village.

~with Naruto~

'This kid, I swear! Not even I was this stubborn!' Naruto mentally complained, inciting a snort from Kurama.

'While I agree, to an extent, you need to be more understanding with what the brat is feeling... both you and I know the feeling of losing someone important to us...' Kurama said as Naruto's thought process came to a halt.