Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Third Person

As completely and utterly dumbstruck as Adrian was, she had only one response in her mind that she could see so blatantly as if the words were hovering the sweltering air before her waterlogged eyes. They plundered right off her tongue before she even had a chance to register them as if her heart had said them without permission from her brain. Her ears perked at the sound of her own voice that was nothing short of certain, soft-spoken but without falter. Don't you know you already are?

The repetitive ca plunk of her heart was just one of the symptoms she was currently feeling as she stood breathing the same air as the unbelievably pretty boy just a breath's distance away. Without even having to see, she felt the intensity of his vehement gaze upon her, observing, inspecting, contemplating making the very bones in her legs brittle to the point of near collapse.

A steadying hand that was not hers placed itself on her hip, another one lifting to the back of her neck as Elliot Wilds came impossibly closer. Almost like he knew she was about to lose her balance, to support her trembling. "Say it's you and me." He murmured, his thumbs rubbing soothing circles keeping his fervent cobalt irises directly on hers. Her mouth was parched of saliva due to all the feelings she was feeling, the emotions Elliot so effortlessly brought to the surface. The emotions he was still raising.

Elliot's thumbs began to apply some pressure, urging her to say the words he wanted to hear. "Say it."

She blinked, biting the inside of her cheek. "It's you and m-me." She stuttered the words a melody to her ears, her blood humming in her veins. It was Elliot and her. Her and Elliot. Those words meant more to her than he knew. Her stomach was fluttering. Butterflies transpiring from the dark silhouetted corners inside her, soaring the trails of her tendons and pollinating the blooming garden of flowers winding her rib cage.

A hint of a smile played on his plump sensual lips, a smile that showed his pearly white teeth and the slight crinkle of his nose. As unsteady as she was now, her jaw just about dropped at the sight. He was smiling at her, and it was something else entirely. "Say you're mine." He whispered huskily, his crimson lips brushing hers teasingly, then the sensitive line of her jaw. After a long moment when her chest was moving up and down rapidly and her face was blotchy, only then did he reconnect his gaze.

Her cheeks warmed. "That sounds weird Eli." She whispered, feeling as if she were swimming in a pool of lava. Right when she said 'Eli', she heard Elliot's sharp intake of breath.

The calloused hand rubbing behind her neck slowly began to slither down the indented line of her spine. Around her waist, and up up up underneath her shirt to the center of her belly button inching further until Adrian managed to croak his name. Elliot halted just below the valley of her practically flat chest, not bothering to hide the wicked grin encapsulating his heavenly features. "Tell me you're mine then." He purred lowly, nipping at the nape of her neck. "Or do I have to show you instead?"

"What does t-that even mean?" She stuttered, searching her brain for answers but coming up with none.

His nails dug into the skin of her hip just enough so she could feel the pressure. "It means baby, that your lips are only mine to taste, that your hand is only mine to hold, that your tears are only mine to lick clean." Adrian couldn't help but think how inappropriate and strange his last claim was. "Now use that pretty voice of yours and tell me what I want to hear."

Adrian merely swallowed. She only ever let Elliot hold her hand anyway, well, and Ollie too. But Elliot was the only boy who has ever kissed her, and he was the only boy she'd broken the rules with. It's not like she let anybody else kiss her, who would she kiss other than him anyway? Kissing two boys would only double break her dad's rule. Not to mention she didn't want to kiss any other boys anyway, nor did she even think about it. The only boy she ever thought about constantly was Elliot, he'd stolen all her thoughts, it had become her very own ritual.