Chapter Eight

_KusuosPov_

"Okay, Kusuo! Let's go!" Ah just as cut as ever, "anyway….. Do you notice anything different today?" Of course, I did. 'Come on I didn't spend almost 30 minutes on my hair for nothing.' I continue to look at (YN).

"Hmmm I don't know, did you change what you normally eat for breakfast?" 

He was correct. 

Of course, I was, I always have to keep watch of everything she does. (YN) looks at me with a surprised look on her face, well then again if I was someone normal I would be surprised too. "W-well yeah, but that's not what I was talking about!" Hmm, how long should I keep this up?

“Did you change your sock color?” 

“How can you even notice that?!” 

This banter continued all the way to school with Kusuo continuing to ‘guess’ correct things about (YN). When they finally arrived at school (YN) was left with the thought, “Is he physic or something?” but although (YN) was right the correct answer was actually in fact just, he was a stalker. 

“Hey! You there!” Oh, we’re already here, “What’s with the sloppy uniform!” (YN) grabs onto my shirt.

"Kusuo can you make sure everything is in place? I don't want to get in trouble like last time," Last time? When did that happen? "Ah don't worry, it was during club time." Still, I pride myself in knowing what (YN) is doing at all times.

I nod anyway, I don't want to miss looking at her for even a second. “Hey (YN)?” she looks at me with a ‘yeah’ look on her face, “did you do something with your hair? It looks nice.” ‘h-he noticed!’ 

“Y-yeah! Took you long enough to notice idiot!” She says that, but she’s smiling brightly, “Anyway my turn to check you! hmm . . .” She pauses to look at me, can you guess what she’s going to say? If you’re thinking, Man you sure do look weird again today! “As usual, everything’s in place! Okay, let’s get going!” You would be incorrect.  

“Hey stop right there!”

“Oh poor Nendou, he’s getting scolded again!” He deserves to be scolded but oh well. 

I bet you all are wondering how I don’t stand out to anyone, the answer? Because here I look completely normal to everyone, in fact, I’m completely average looking. When you think about it though I’m anything but normal. The way I don’t stand out at all is due to my ability to control people's minds, but I can only do it subtly though. That being said I can’t completely control people’s actions, if I had that ability I would have made (YN) marry me by now (And get rid of Nendou). But what I can do is make others think that something unnatural is actually completely natural. 

“Huh? Antennas? Wait, could those just be hair clips? Oh yeah, they’re just hair clips.” Thus I can live out my life without ever having to stand out, simple right? But I can’t just overuse my powers, if I change one thinking it can change how the people around them think too. Look closely, most of the people in this world you almost never see people with black hair. That is all because of my powers, for some unknown reason I was born with pink hair, what am I, an anime protagonist or something? Anyway due to me not wanting to stand out I used mind control, as a result, pink became a common hair color and nowadays it’s pretty common to see hair in all sorts of colors while still having it be natural. ‘Hehe, no matter how long I look at it Kusuo still has the prettiest hair.’ Okay so I may have used mind control to change some of (YN)’s minor opinions of me, but nothing major I just made her think that I have the best hair. Anyway, none of this is the point,  I altered human biology right down to the genetic level, are you starting to get the potential risk of my powers. 

“Hey! Wanna get some ramen?” To be honest that’s not all that I’ve changed, “huh?”

“Ah Nendou are you alright?!” Don’t worry he’s fine (YN).

“WATCH YOUR AIM PUNKS!” See? His injury is completely gone if you’re wondering, yes that was from my powers too. When I was little (YN) skinned her knee, I healed it, needless to say, she was surprised. I didn’t want her figuring out about my powers so I just altered her memory a bit. Because of that, I made it to where people healed from minor injuries faster, due to that people’s ability to self heal increased dramatically. Maybe you’ve also noticed some other behavior out of the blue, like people thinking abnormally fast, clothes being ripped off but the crotch area remains intact, smaller people can be super strong, and you can knock someone out with just a chop. All these things were caused by my powers and sure I feel some guilt but it’s not like I can change things back now, plus things haven’t gotten too out of hand. 

“What was that, wanna tell which rules I’m violating? You don’t want to mess with me, you bastard! See? there goes Matsuzaki’s clothes.

“Oh? Kongo at it again with his Galactic something punch?” I swear (YN) makes friends with the weirdest people. Kongo goes to punch Matsuzaki but is stopped. 

“Mr. Hatakeyama!” ‘Kongo, you’ve been so blinded by rage you’ve left yourself wide open.’

CHOP

“Woah, that was a chop! Mr. Hatakeyama chopped him”

“Are you okay Mr. Matsuzaki?”

“Yeah, thanks you really saved me back there.” You may notice his clothes are now perfectly fine again, of course, that is because of me again. See this isn’t too bad right?

“Hey, Kongo are you alright?-” I stop (YN).

“Come on you’re gonna be late if you stop, let’s just go.”

“Eh? But I’m sure checking on him really quick won’t make us late. . .” She trails off as she is caught staring into my eyes, “huh? O-oh yeah, I don’t want to be late like last time.”

See not so bad right?