Chapter 12 <3

I came out from my room upstairs wearing a black camisole, tucked into a high waisted pair of soft, light beige slacks. Over that, I wore a brown corduroy bomber jacket, which had a fluffy inside. For my shoes, I wore a pair of short, black stilettos. It wasn't a fancy occasion, just going out to get a phone quickly, but why not dress up, it was fun.

I was walking down the glass spiral staircase when I received a text from the guard out front.

[bold text is Trinh, normal is guard]

Miss, Katy would like to come inside and see you.

That's fine as long as someone can watch her when we leave, she's only five

Mallum said he can watch her if you'd like.

That's fine with me

Ok, I'll let her in.

Thanks, Colt

Of course, it's my job.

I reached the base of the staircase, heading to the room which Hayden was in. I knocked once, asking if it was okay to come in.

"Yep! Come in!" I heard from the other side of the door.

"Okay," I said opening it.

I walked into a room with Hayden starting to button his shirt. I saw the grey sweater he was planning to wear over it laid on the bed.

"I thought you said you were ready," I said gesturing to his exposed torso.

"Well, I'm wearing pants," he gestured to the blue jeans he had on, "so I'm ready for people to enter," he said with a coy grin.

"Okay, whatever you say," I replied, sitting on the edge of the edge, and flopping backward, pulling out my phone to scroll through social media.

"Wow, I was hoping to get some reaction out of you. You know, I work out a lot for moments like this," he pouted as he finished buttoning his collared shirt.

"First of all, work out for yourself, not to show off your abdominal muscles to people. And secondly, I see shirtless men all the time my dear," I remarked, still focusing on my screen.

"Wow, I never knew you were that type of woman," he said jokingly.

"What's wrong with being that type of woman?" I said with a smile.

"Nothing, they do what they want to do, I have no issues."

"Well good, but no, I see shirtless men because I oversee some of the training done."

"Oh, makes sense," he said with his voice muffled by the sweater he was putting on.

"Yep! Now since you're ready, grab your shoes, and we can go! We don't want to take long, it's dark out. Oh and one of Mallum's other grandkids, the youngest, is visiting for a bit, so I wanted to say hi before we left."

I stood up, gave Hayden his shoes, which he promptly put on, and we left the room.

"TRINHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I MISSED YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

When I heard the excited yelling of a five-year-old girl, I braced myself for impact. A small blonde girl jumped into my arms a second later. Bright green eyes stared up at me, excitement dancing inside.

"Hi Katy, it's been so long! Do you know how much I missed you?!" I told her while standing up with her in my arms.

She giggled, "I was going to come earlier, but I wanted to make you something!" She replied, pulling something out of the pocket of her dress.