Chapter 9<3

We had swiped our duel cards and were through the building to a separate gym, which had five standard dueling rings with padded floors and bungee chords surrounding the large rectangles. A red line travelled through the middle indicting the starting sides. The class was brought along because duels were considered learning experiences. Coach Herden started barking instructions at us and Hayden and I stepped into the ring.

"Are you ready?" I asked with a slight smirk slowly advancing towards him from my side of the ring.

"Are you?" He asked back his face and actions mirroring mine. The bright, warehouse-like area lit up our eyes making it look to the audience as if our matching golden eyes were glowing.

Our class watched intently, hanging on the edge their figurative chairs, seeing as there were no seating options except for the floor. I let out a small chuckle at my own thoughts by accident.

"Something funny?"

"Yes," I sprinted at him at full speed, him wearing a shocked expression at my very sudden change of pace.

"Your face at the moment is pretty funny," I said right before I kicked him in the stomach, using my momentum as power, making him fly into the bungee chords at the edge of the ring.

Since they were springy chords, they reflected him towards the floor, but before he landed he placed his hands down causing him to do a sort of front handspring type of move. 

He threw off the brown leather jacket he was wearing, bringing out two double pistols. I bet he knew he couldn't damage my flesh so he wasn't afraid to shoot real bullets at me. I summoned crystal shards to surround our fighting area. To throw him off, I threw some at him and he immediately broke them into pieces. 

I tried to act surprised and throw the rest at him except for the one right behind his back.

He shot the ground which confused me, but then a second before the shards landed, a yellow, translucent shield appeared in a bubble around him. The shield reflecting the shards from the angles they came from sending plenty my way. I summoned a broadsword and shield to strike down the ones that flew at me.

His weapon transformed into a light machine gun when he lined his pistols up side by side. Seeing as it was a long range, but powerful weapon, his strength probably lied more in the mental department, but with a near perfect balance. It was quite impressive actually.

He fired a barrage of bullets at me which I tried to deflect while pressing fowards, but I could only block so many. One lodged itself in my left thigh the other two in my right shoulder it. I could hear the audience gasp, either that he shot me, or that I wasn't bleeding after he shot me. 

So it seemed sunshine over there was very attentive. I doubt it was pure luck to land his bullets in my dominant arm and leg. It's not that hard to figure out my dominant hand, and he must of noticed while I was sprinting which leg I used to push off of. 

I might not be bleeding but I was in a hell of a lot of pain. Ever had periods cramps? Almost as bad.

So I did what any person would do in that situation. Realize you're ambidextrous, ignore the pain in your leg, and f*cking charge with a spear with no remorse.

"Hayden that f*cking hurt!" I knocked him once in the chest with the butt of my spear, knocking him to the ground and he dropped his machine gun to the side, right out of reach.

I had one foot on his chest. "Ugh, if you didn't have a pretty face I would smash it into the ground right know!"

"I have a pretty face?" He asked coyly.