Chapter Seven <3

I headed off to fencing in the gym, where I was pleasantly greeted with the sound of a harsh woman's yelling, and the sight of cowering students. An fit, older, looking lady, with short hair, stylishly pushed back, and a stern scowl that had to have been cultivated over many years, was standing with her fencing suit-clad arms behind her back.

"You're late, Ms..." she started.

"Gali, Trinity Gali," I replied.

"Ms. Gali, what do you have to say for your self?" She asked.

I felt as if lying, or making up an excuse wouldn't help in this situation, nor would saying, "Oh don't worry, I just skipped the first couple of minutes of your class to talk to a person most likely trying to kill me, so yeah." So instead I went with:

"I have no reason, I apologize."

"Hm... just don't do it again."

She scanned me up and down, and then started again.

"Alright class, as I was saying, I am your instructor, you all will call me Madam Elonov, no exceptions. Understand?" She barked out.

"Y-yes..." the class trailed off.

"I said, do you understand?!" She shouted, never breaking her form.

"YES!" We all shouted back in fear.

"Now all of you get into gear, if you don't know how, figure it out!"

"YES MADAM!"

I quickly got into gear, first the chest plate, then the jacket, which I got help from another student to help zip up from the back, and lastly the helmet.

Half of the other students looked clueless, I realized that they are probably the ones who didn't take fencing last semester. I had training in fencing in my previous life so I knew how to put it on. It was only to win a national tournament to uncover an underground money ring led by big corporate officials. I mean when were you going to find the opportunity to jab at someone, only allowed to step forwards or backwards, and only allowed to do so with a certain footing arrangement, when trying to track down armed criminals. Because, to me, the chances were pretty slim.

Well anyways, I put on the gear and went to help my other classmates, much to their relief.

"Okay, class, get in two lines over on there on the blue line and the red line."

We separated in two half of us going to the blue line, the other half, including me, situating ourselves on the red line. 

Walking in between the two parallel lines, Madam Elenov passed the gleaming, silver, fencing swords to each person. She went back and forth demonstrating how to hold the swords, and what the right footing was, and how to move, which certainly included much shouting.

Once everyone was ready, we started dueling. The metallic clangs of the flexible swords, mixed with the sound of heavy breathing, it was a bit nostalgic.

"Miss Gali, you seem to know what you're doing. Let's spar." Madam Elenov called out to me.

I know I'm going to lose. She's a world class champion, and I'm a rusty national. I guess I might as well be a sacrifice.

"Of course Madam Elenov."

I took off my helmet while she grabbed hers from the ground, and we bowed to each other. Then we put on the helmets getting ready for the match.

I adjusted my grip on the long sword, placed my feet perpendicular to each other, and look straight ahead.

"Good form. En-garde," she said.

There was still movement before she lunged forwards, a quick as lightning, and I took the quickest step back I could, narrowly missing her blade. We shuffled forwards and backs little before I took a step back, she took a step forwards, and right as we finished our steps I lunged as quickly as I could forward. She easily parried my sword, but I quickly brought my sword under hers aiming for her torso. 

But that's when I felt it a hard poke in the center of my chest.

"Point."

As I heard the words coming out of her mouth I was in awe. She somehow found the opportunity to strike me when I was about to get a point in a split second between parrying my blade, and me touching her with my sword.

"You did good kid. Not many people get that close. You'll improve," she said to me.

"Ah, yes, thank you madam," I hastily replied, snapping out of my mental sports replay.

I turned to face the rest of the class who all had sparkly eyes. I think we were all a little less scared and a little more in awe than usual.

***

At the end of class we all filtered out of the classroom. I looked for Amara and Emilia, who were in different electives than me. 

"Hey Rin, over here!" I heard Amara shout

"Rin? When did you come up with that?" I asked walking over to her and Emilia.

"Just now of course, blondie over here approves, right?"

"W-wait what? Um, I mean yes!" She immediately looked down with a slight blush and fidgeted with her hands.

"Awww, your so cute blondie, here let me give you a huggggggggg," she reached out and grabbed Emilia into a tight hug. Since she was much taller, Emilia's head was shoved into her chest.

I could see how red her ears were, and where she was finally released from the bear hug, her entire face turned redder than I've ever seen before. Yes, I've only known her for less than a day, but still.

"So, when's the wedding?" I asked playfully.

"I don't know, we would have to go on a date first wouldn't we?" Amara said glancing at Emilia.

"U-um, yeah!" She squeaked.

"Oh. My. God. I mean we were going to study today, but obviously you two need to have some alone time."

"I-uh-um...*sigh*" Emilia just gave up.

Meanwhile, I could see Amara's happy face, and the internal happy dance she was trying to contain. Hehe they were so cute.

"Well I think it's time for PE. Let's go!" I said loudly.

"Yeah!" Amara agreed.

"A-alright... wait... PE? Doesn't that mean we have Coach Herden since it's the second term?" Emilia asked.

"Oh sh*t, we're fucked." Amara said.

***

Hello hello, it's the author (who else could it be), two exciting things:

1. We reached 500 reads! I never thought anyone was going to read this, like seriously.

2. I've been offered a non-exclusive contract! I was so surprised when I got the offer. Basically, I can still post this where ever I want, including here on wattpad, but I'll also be earning money from it too! I'm still not sure if I will take the offer though.

Thank you all for the support, and please leave some anime recommendations, I'm running out of things to watch TwT.

Time: 1:50pm